Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the longest it's taken for you to get home from a game?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Hull away in the FA Cup about January1985?

We won 3-2.

Days of the old special football trains, and they always gave us the worst stock. It broke down hallway back and they just pushed it into a siding, and left us for hours. There was no heating or lights, and there was no information - we genuinely thought we'd been forgotten and were spending the night on it. The days before mobile phones too.

No idea what time we finally arrived back to Hove. About 3am I think.

Best we've ever played early doors, Hull didn't touch the ball til 30 mins in & it was 0-2 by then & Terry's diving header header to win it at 2-2 right in front of us was sensational

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
9 days.
Got back to Hove from Cardiff (2004 play off final), into the car and drove straight up to Gatwick for an early flight for a week's holiday.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The day of the Shoreham air crash, we left the Amex at five twenty, decided to go back to Worthing via Henfield because we knew the traffic would be a nightmare along the coast road, and obviously the 27 was shut.
My clutch gable snapped at Fulking or there abouts and we had to wait five hours for the AA cos everywhere was gridlocked. We got home at 11.40, nearly six and a half hours after leaving the Amex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think Blackburn Rovers away, 1991. Train issues. Left the ground before five and arrived home about 2.30 the following morning.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Leicester away midweek a few seasons ago when travelling from Somerset.

@cunning fergus was driving and his car broke down en route. @nail-Z was going for a 100% season so we abandoned our driver and caught a cab to the ground, which cost us about £100 as we'd broken down a long way from Leicester. I can't remember if we made kick-off or not.

I thought I'd be able to find another West Country seagull to give us a lift back somewhere close to home but I couldn't so we booked into a hotel, slept over and then trained it back the next morning. At a guess, we got back around midday.

I'll confess I wore the same boxers two days running.

I knew it. Boxers, eh? Where's a good solid Y-front man when you want one?

el punal

THAT game against Liverpool, FA Cup 5th round, at Anfield. Caught the Albion Football Special train from Brighton which left at 7.00 a.m. Got to Lime Street at about one-ish and herded onto buses, without being allowed to get any beer or any food, and taken straight to Anfield. Ditto strategy for return to Lime Street.

Once on the train there were no available seats (obviously some very naughty boys had blagged a free train ride home!), and we had to stand for the whole journey. We eventually got back to Brighton at gone midnight. From there I then had to drive back to Southampton, getting home at 3.00 in the morning - totally knackered but very, very happy! :ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here