Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What's the etiquette with evening dinner?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Silence with family chat/quiet Lionel Richie in the background/Danny Rampling giving it large on vol.11/the news and Emmerdale/everyone doing a 'silent disco' with headphones and a mobile?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
When the kids were at home we'd always have dinner as a four around the table - no TV or mobiles.

Since then I must confess to the odd TV dinner on occasions.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Constant irritation at two kids who seem unable to ignore a notification buzz on their phone. I blame the parents...oh wait...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hate those that allow kids to eat sat on the settee watching TV.

My step daughter does it and when they come and stay it does me in, such poor table manners.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not sure about during dinner, but while making it i'm now listening to this Danny Rampling mix :rave:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
What's this evening dinner you speak of? I think I had one out some years ago.
Teatime though is round the table though I don't tend to get to sit as too busy dealing with the disorderly clientele/children.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dining room round a table. On Saturdays I'll keep 6 Music on in the background as it will be Craig Charles by that time of night, and who doesn't love a trunk of funk with their sausage.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
We eat in front of the telly.
It's just the two of us and, well, we like watching telly.
Quite, am 50, often think we should eat at the table then I remember that I'm 50 and I can do WTF I like so regularly in front of Tele. Oh, and I cook everything from scratch so I'm generally quite happy when my arse his the sofa. Just enjoyed Chicken Dhansak in front of seminal C4 programme 'Love it or List it'.

All that said, if I need to cut with a knife, I have to sit at a table, am a bit disfunctional on my lap.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Always sit at the table in the dining room to eat dinner, very rarely get through dinner without getting up to let the pup out for a slash or shout at the pup for causing some sort of chaos……sometimes she has a nap when we are eating :smile:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
On the sofa in front of the TV, kitchen isn't big enough for a table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here