Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the club average weekly wage? Who's the top earner

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I heard we were paying a lot for CMS - certainly more than he was really worth. I don't know if it was before or after bonuses and what not, but he was allegedly hitting £20k a week.

Could be nonsense, but comes via a decent source so could be pretty accurate.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
For what it's worth Grant Hall is on £15000 a week at QPR. Our highest earner is on more than £20000 a week but less than £30000

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
As I said they were talking to each other, not to me, and a figure of £4k per week was suggested as being the wage for one of our 1st team squad. I have no idea either way right or wrong as my days of knowing what players were offered finished with Barry Lloyds time as manager. At the time they were very poorly paid in fact I was earning more as a pub manager. In fact he tried to sign a cover goalkeeper who earned more driving a van for Royal Mail and playing non league than BHA offered him.

£4000 a week, are you having a laugh? Most players in League One earn more than that, Christian Walton is on £4000 a week and he isn't even 21 yet.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I would expect the wage bill to be much higher this season.

Hi El P - where in the Top 10 of Champ club wages were we in 14/15 ? and where , do you guess, would we be in 15/16.
Less than Burnley, Boro, Derby, QPR, Hull, Sheff Weds presumably.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I heard we were paying a lot for CMS - certainly more than he was really worth. I don't know if it was before or after bonuses and what not, but he was allegedly hitting £20k a week.

Could be nonsense, but comes via a decent source so could be pretty accurate.

Definitely not true. Halve it and you are nearly there

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hi El P - where in the Top 10 of Champ club wages were we in 14/15 ? and where , do you guess, would we be in 15/16.
Less than Burnley, Boro, Derby, QPR, Hull, Sheff Weds presumably.

I'm actually going through all the accounts for 14/15 at present, as the final ones are being released. Hope to have it sorted within the week.

In 2013/14 under Oscar we were tenth.

Wage Levels 2014 Championship.PNG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm actually going through all the accounts for 14/15 at present, as the final ones are being released. Hope to have it sorted within the week.

In 2013/14 under Oscar we were tenth.

View attachment 74021

Some of those wage ratios to turnover are absolutely CRAZY. FFP flouters Leicester and Bournemouth certainly prove that cheats can prosper.

QPR...double their turnover just on wages. Wow, just wow.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think the average for the division was around £10k per player two seasons ago, certain clubs would have significantly skewed the average. Championship was and probably still is, the 8th highest paying league in the world on average.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lolz. Yeah right.
It's 2011 again, is it?

I expect you'll find that this year's wage bill is top 10 in the league (but lower than: Boro, Derby, Burnley, Hull, QPR, Fulham and, possibly, MASSIVE)
Average wage for full squad player: £10.500 per week

Anyway. Who cares. They're all worth what we pay them this year.

Brighton%u00252BWages%u00252BLeague%u00252B2014.jpg

Wage bill upwards of £20 million PA.

2013 which is the year I made my estimate from. It could be higher now.

25 players @ £10K pw = £13 m so there is a shortfall.

£13K pw x 25 = £16.9 m. It might be nearer the higher figure?

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Some of those wage ratios to turnover are absolutely CRAZY. FFP flouters Leicester and Bournemouth certainly prove that cheats can prosper.

QPR...double their turnover just on wages. Wow, just wow.

I don't think promotion bonuses count for FFP ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think promotion bonuses count for FFP ?

Whether they are or not, I very much doubt that it was promotion bonuses that pushed those wagebills so far in excess of the clubs turnovers.

Leicesters accounts from that season 2013-14 (the season they went up) have still not been ratified by the Football League. Bournemouth went up the following season and were found in breach of FFP.

Both cheated the rules. Both have ultimately profited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here