Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best strike force you've ever seen against the Albion outside the top division?

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
We might have been a struggling 3rd Division side at the time, but it's hard to argue against a front two that score 7 goals between them on your own pitch!

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Memory a bit hazy here but I seem to remember going to Craven Cottage and I think it was Earle and Conway tore us apart (score 5-0?) perhaps someone can remember more details.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Outside on the Bristol rovers 2 would go for Chelsea 83/4 who won div 2 with Dixon speedie et all scoring loads. The goldstone game is remembered for other reasons than the Chelsea performance

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
In recent times , Vydra and Deeney at the amex absolutely slaughtered us that night .

Was going to put this, hugely impressive performance (though Vydra's first goal was a sodding deflection).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn't see it but Will Hoskins performance and two goals against us for Bristol Rovers was supposedly a bit special?

I'd have to go with the dismantling by Wigan in the first 20 mins at Withdean. Awesome forward play.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Another vote for Wright and Bright, and of course Wright's open play volley to open the scoring in the infamous five pen game at Smelhurst in '89, in which they missed three pens. Can't remember the pen takers who missed? Anybody with a better memory ???

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Jul 7, 2003
Agree with the Wigan votes. Also remember Sheffield Wednesday ripping us apart 0-4 at the Goldstone with an ageing Trevor Francis up front giving a real masterclass on forward play

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Ellington and Roberts, ably assisted by Kavanagh, Bullard, McCulloch and Teale destroyed us within quarter of an hour at Withdean. They were were superb that day. 4-2 was an incredibly flattering scoreline.

This was the forward line up i was going to give too. (Although i only saw a 2-2 draw as a arrived several minutes late to the ground) There may have been better but this sticks in my mind.

Jan 30, 2008
Blimey, that was painful to watch.

Mrs Grombleton watched it as well and has one question: Why was there a car (a Reliant Robin?) parked in the corner? It can be seen at about 6:30.
Dell boy and Rodney plotted up outside selling half and half scarves???
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blimey, that was painful to watch.

Mrs Grombleton watched it as well and has one question: Why was there a car (a Reliant Robin?) parked in the corner? It can be seen at about 6:30.

That's where the invalid cars for the disabled, parked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here