Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
Saw the original line up in Vancouver around 85. Stuart sadly drank himself to death. The other guitarist, Bruce, became part of Dead Men Walking and they cover Fields of Fire and a couple of other of the old tracks. Saw them around 2003. I also saw Stuart playing with the Skids, December 31, 1977, Marquee. :thumbsup:
Envy.
I would have liked to see them live (so sorry for Adamson, Requiescat In Pacem).
But from my Italian island there are many groups, let's say all of them, that I haven't been able to see or hear in concert.
I can do this now through many videos on YouTube.
Better late than never.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Only came across Richard Hawley through Gone Fishing with Mortimer & Whitehouse, the first series. Saw him support Paul Weller at Bedford Park last year and have been listening to Coles Corner today.

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
And to say that there is still someone who thinks that the ancient instruments that we as Sardinians still play were invented by ancient barbarians such as those coming from the North (simple Neanderthals), with their post-modern bagpipes.
They are just three reeds chosen from those that grow in the beds of a river. It's difficult to make a sound out of it. Or more than one. It's also difficult to draw notes from it. Especially ten or twelve thousand years ago. Even some Sardinian managed to do it. From many quarters, historians accuse us of not having produced writing. Okay. Before the Romans did we grunt like pigs or did we have our own language that was difficult for others to understand? On a musical level we were many centuries ahead of everyone. It doesn't seem like a lack of culture to me, on the contrary. Instead, it seems to me to be a combination of ignorance and presumption on the part of the invaders. The music of the Greeks does not exist, that of the Romans even less. That of the Sardinians? Enjoy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here