Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Wow! I normally love Carole King and have only just seen that she actually wrote it. I have always loved the Byrds version of this. Dare I say she has murdered her own song and turned it into a dirge? Sorry but I do not like that at all but at least I have learnt that this is another great Carole King song, even if not sung by her!,

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Back to 'Live From Daryl's House', I just can't stop watching these videos they are so damn good and I'm seeing artists I've never heard of before.Why have I never heard Elle King before?
she has a stunning voice as well as writing and performing most of her own stuff, she's the daughter of the actor/comedian Rob Schneider. Help, I think I'm turning all country, y'all know what I mean!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Back to 'Live From Daryl's House', I just can't stop watching these videos they are so damn good and I'm seeing artists I've never heard of before.Why have I never heard Elle King before?
she has a stunning voice as well as writing and performing most of her own stuff, she's the daughter of the actor/comedian Rob Schneider. Help, I think I'm turning all country, y'all know what I mean!

If you haven't already, check out the Live From Daryl's House with Darius Rucker (lead singer of Hootie & The Blowfish, also a successful country musician in his own right), their voices work really well together IMO.

https://youtu.be/9Zz1r7qEQck

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
If you haven't already, check out the Live From Daryl's House with Darius Rucker (lead singer of Hootie & The Blowfish, also a successful country musician in his own right), their voices work really well together IMO.

https://youtu.be/9Zz1r7qEQck

I saw that the other day, and 2 others I can't stop playing are 'Heard It Through The Grapevine with Rob Thomas and the absolute best version I have ever heard (other than The Temptations of course) of Papa was a Rolling Stone, simply stunning. I love some of the comments on YouTube ,

If Daryl was my neighbour I'd be shouting "Louder Daryl, Louder". :rock:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

EVERYONE goes Country as they get older! (Other than stuck in the 70’s punks)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Up there with the top ten versions of songs that are better than the original

I was not a big fan of the music in the Punk era but the Stranglers was one of the few bands of the era that I really liked. They still sound fresh today.

https://youtu.be/uqqj9xpj130

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
My eldest daughter was (and still is) well into her music, when dance music really took off in the 90's she used to make tapes of her favourite tracks for me to play in the car. Her mum wasn't into all of this and would always turn the volume down, but when it was just me and my daughter in the car I'd turn it up to 11 and roll the windows down. I was in my 40's, brought up on R&B and Rock/Metal, I really shouldn't have liked tracks like this, but I loved them.
:rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here