Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What's the best place to buy sausages?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I cannot agre with this. I use several old school butchers, the have all been making their own sausages for decades. They have acces to the best meat and the knowledge to know what tondo with it. I challenge any non- butcher to do better at home.

By your logic your sausages you make at home are brilliant, none better available yet if I eat one of yours it'll not be good because I didn't make it in my home.

No, using his logic, any of his you ate would not be as good as any you made at home, only if you BOUGHT his from him. He hasn’t given any indication of any transactional element in trying his. That’s still not clear.

If you are going to do pedantry you got to see it through to the bitter end. That’s kind of the point.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I cannot agre with this. I use several old school butchers, the have all been making their own sausages for decades. They have acces to the best meat and the knowledge to know what tondo with it. I challenge any non- butcher to do better at home.

By your logic your sausages you make at home are brilliant, none better available yet if I eat one of yours it'll not be good because I didn't make it in my home.

It will probably come as no surprise to you but you are very wrong. Make you own and you control the breed of pig, the cuts of meat and the flavourings. Your choice of rusk or breadcrumbs. Also no preservatives. My latest are made with a mixture of leg, shoulder and belly from wild pigs culled at Knepp. They are flavoured with some home grown and dried herbs. Tailor made for my taste.

There are undoubtedly some excellent butchers sausages but nothing beats homemade.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It will probably come as no surprise to you but you are very wrong. Make you own and you control the breed of pig, the cuts of meat and the flavourings. Your choice of rusk or breadcrumbs. Also no preservatives. My latest are made with a mixture of leg, shoulder and belly from wild pigs culled at Knepp. They are flavoured with some home grown and dried herbs. Tailor made for my taste.

There are undoubtedly some excellent butchers sausages but nothing beats homemade.

There's only one way to be certain. What time would you like me over?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here