Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best last gasp goal the Albion have ever scored?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I went to that Liverpool v Sunderland game as I couldn't get to Brighton, so it was the next best thing. Closest to a FIX that I had seen up to then. Bob Paisley, Liverpool manager, from the north east, etc, etc......

And hadn't Liverpool already won the title, so they had nothing to play for. Could have seen it coming tbh.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just because no-one's mentioned this one either -

Gary Williams scoring with a volley (?) from a corner in the last minute at Sunderland, a goal which meant we only had to beat Leeds at home in the last game of the season to stay up (we did). Sunderland thought that goal had sent them down, as they would then need to win at Anfield on the last day (incredibly, they did).

I was going to mention this one, but as I did not actually see it ...

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
similiar to the eric potts double against sunderland

night game late 80's,pompey at home losing 1 nil and garry nelson scores a brace very late on,the equaliser was such a relief,but when he bagged the winner the place went mental

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Not all that important result-wise, but very dramatic:

Home to Sunderland at the Goldstone late 1970's, 1-0 down and into injury time. Eric Potts scored twice in 2 minutes to win 2-1! Anyone else remember it?

yup. north stand went MENTAL

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
of course, gary Steven's goal to take us into 2-2 in the Cup final.

we all went mental when that went in.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
of course, gary Steven's goal to take us into 2-2 in the Cup final.

we all went mental when that went in.

but NOT last minute.....

now had Smith Scored that would have been the last minute goal to beat all last minute goals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
and just to change the subj slightly.....

Best last minute CONSOLATION goal.

One's that meant abosolutley naff all to everyone, including the scorer.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Buckley vs Donny without a doubt. Before that, my favourite was Nathan Elder's goal at Oldham a few years ago to make it 1-1 in about the 96th minute, we had gone down to 10 men after about 8 minutes too which made it even more to celebrate!

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Seen a few. The Donny game this season was awesome. Even at 0-1 down, i really didnt care. It was just so amazing to be in that stadium for the first time.

Buckley's goal will go down in Albion history as best last minute goal ever cos 1. It was class and 2. It was so special and 3. You won't ever see a crowd go that mental again until we win the champions league!!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
1, Buckley
2 Virgo (also watched in pub)
3 (for old timers - 10th April 1965 Norman Gall. Brighton 2 Tranmere 1 Crowd: 24,017 Took us to the top of Div 4, where we remained.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Virgo's was infinitely more important, but for me. It's Mr. William Buckley.

The noise. The bloody noise when we scored that goal.

Hearing the place go spastic in the 98th minute of the first league game at the Amex is something I'll never forget... Plus the noise built up as he ran through on goal. If Henry had scored that everyone would be banging on about it today. It was a GREAT goal.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
but NOT last minute.....

now had Smith Scored that would have been the last minute goal to beat all last minute goals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You are getting into the biggest f***ing boring twat on here...and after me that takes some beating.

Get a life

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
That was on my birthday. Steve Sidwell double IN injury time.

Oh yes, remember that well.

My other nomination although technically in the last few minutes of the 90, was Gary Williams' howitzer from 25 yards v Forest. Completing the double over the European champions. Shilton in goal. TV cameras. And Clough's dismissive "fluke" comment afterwards made it even sweeter ... :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here