[Albion] What’s more likely: Top 10 or relegation?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Unfortunately I think it will be relegation again. Having survived for a few years, now was the time to push on but we have made some really poor signings over the past few years and I think that is stopping us getting a top quality striker in which we desperately need.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
No new quality striker and I see a season of relegation worries much more likely than top 10, which is a very tall order with the current injury ravaged squad. Welbeck and Lallana will not be playing more than 50% of the games imo, and they are what will make the difference. Lamptey, who knows, he is properly fecked it seems.

Sadly I fear a pretty fair assessment. I'd love to be more optimistic but I think it will be the same old sweat of hoping there are three teams worse than us.

The only things what will change my view is we manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat in respect of a striker and somehow minimise Welbeck & Lallana absences and get Lamptey back.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Clearly relegation. As a squad we're weaker, and key players are injured or tired from summer tournaments going into the season.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
B7563303-7D0C-4E3D-AD83-68520F0BDA36.jpeg

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If we show some ambition and make the right signings we could propel up the table, did White really improve us that much? We finished with the similar amount of points as the previous season. If BW had showed the enthusiasm like he did against Leeds more often then things might of been different.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Top ten odds are too short, relegation odds are too long, but I still feel top ten is the more likely of the two.

Everyone is feeling down because we haven't signed anyone in the last two weeks, but if we sign someone (maybe well after the Burnley game) then the mood will be very different even if that signing doesn't dramatically improve the squad.

I still maintain that even if our forward options remain underwhelming, they simply won't be as wasteful as last season, and given the rest of the squad quality, we should be nowhere near the bottom 3.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I had money on us finishing in the top 10 last season, and Palace to be relegated. I most definitely err on the side of optimism.

As it stands, without evidence of an improved strike threat, relegation struggle again.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I honestly don’t care, watching the cup games tonight and seeing the lower leagues fans go batshit mental when they score I felt a bit jealous. Here we are in the PL looking forward to what exactly? winning a handful of games a season hoping three teams are worse than us, can’t just rock up at away games when you feel like it, being dictated to by the club CEO what a load of bollocks it’s becoming.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Relegation.

Just don't have any great faith in our forward options improving to get us to a point of pushing up the table.

If our defence has an off year we're in deep trouble.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Wayyy closer to relegation. Arguably weaker than at this time last season and without reinforcements who know where the net is I predict a bleak and frustrating season ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports