[Sussex] What’s it like near here?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I recall a spat between two councillors in the Middy as to who’s town was worse, where it was revealed there were more active asbos in HH than BH, dontcha know!

It shocked the residents of BH as well!
I grew up in HH and the main 'erberts at our school at the time came from that well known hotbed of crime called Warninglid!
The only decent thing in the America Lane area was the Golden Eagle where local bands would play in their basement. I am sure that things could kick off in that pub quite easily but, in my day, if you wanted a fight you either went to the Heath or the Liverpool Arms. I didn't want a fight so went to neither!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I lived in New England Road in the late 80’s my dad came over and said let’s pop down the pub. Having never ventured in I didn’t know it was trouble. My dad walked up to the bar said excuse me to a man blocking his way. He turned round and punched my dad. Fortunately not hard, we left 😜.
it now a shop I believe

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I grew up in HH and lived in Bentswood Crescent for a few years - a few 'characters' around, and things might occasionally get a bit lively, but hardly a no-go zone. For quite a posh town, there's a few 'erberts in HH.

Don't get me started on Bugs Hole tho...;)
What number?
My missus lived a 54 back in the 70s 80s

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I lived in New England Road in the late 80’s my dad came over and said let’s pop down the pub. Having never ventured in I didn’t know it was trouble. My dad walked up to the bar said excuse me to a man blocking his way. He turned round and punched my dad. Fortunately not hard, we left 😜.
it now a shop I believe
The Eagle?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
it now a shop I believe
Morrison's (and the local Yodel drop-off point...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports