Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] What's good to watch on BBC iPlayer ?

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Not for me, much of the BBC’s content you can access free on the BBC website, uktvplay, YouTube etc. plus all BBC radio stations. I don’t know how anyone can happily pay that licence fee.
I happily pay because it is tremendous value and without people paying it'll go t*ts up - which is what the Tories and their funders / mates in the right wing media want.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Finally got around to watching The Truffle Hunters. One of the (always excellent) Storyville docs, about various old men and their dogs searching for truffles, dealing with change, death, and the Mafia.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If you enjoyed 'Traitors' then the US version is available to binge watch. Despite not really enjoying this show a lasting memory is returning from Germany the day after the final UK show was on tele and avoiding all media so we didn't know who won. Watched the final at about 23:30 on our homecoming despite being very tired. I couldn't tell you who won!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Gold stars Hugh Bonneville alongside Jack Lowden, Dominic Cooper, Charlotte Spencer, Tom Cullen, Emun Elliott, Sean Harris, Ellora Torchia and Stefanie Martini.

The upcoming heist drama based on the true story of the infamous Brink’s Mat robbery.

Inspired by extensive research and interviews with some of those involved in the events, The Gold is a pulsating dramatization which takes a journey into a 1980s world awash with cheap money and loosened morals to tell this extraordinary and epic story for the first time in its entirety.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If you enjoyed 'Traitors' then the US version is available to binge watch. Despite not really enjoying this show a lasting memory is returning from Germany the day after the final UK show was on tele and avoiding all media so we didn't know who won. Watched the final at about 23:30 on our homecoming despite being very tired. I couldn't tell you who won!
What's really helping our binge-watch of the US Traitors is the fact we don't care about the challenges so we just skip through that. It means all we see is the murder at the start, some arguing and then a banishment. That's all I'm there to see.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What's really helping our binge-watch of the US Traitors is the fact we don't care about the challenges so we just skip through that. It means all we see is the murder at the start, some arguing and then a banishment. That's all I'm there to see.
Yep we're doing exactly the same - and thus smashing the series in about half the time.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think others have mentioned this, if not on this thread then elsewhere, but may I just say how absolutely brilliant 'The Detectorists' is. I knew of its existence and I'd seen trailers for it but it hadn't really appealed before. Anyway my wife said she'd like to give it a go so a few weeks ago we started watching it. It is fantastic, God knows why I hadn't watched it before.

Being a British series there aren't hundreds of seasons and thousands of episodes, so we've had to limit our consumption of it to an episode every few days rather than binge watch. Anyway we're about to start Season 3 tonight. Can't wait.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Despite Viaplay initially saying it had the rights to North Sea Connection – first shown on RTE in its native Ireland – BBC Four has now announced that it has acquired the series.

Ciara Kenny (Lydia McGuinness) fishes the waters off Roskillane as her family has done for generations. But when her ambitious brother Aidan (Kerr Logan) secretly agrees to carry out a drug run at sea for a Nordic cartel that goes horribly wrong, their lives are forever changed. As pressure from an investigation builds, threatening to unearth long-held secrets, how far will they go for the sake of the family?

Saturday 4th February, 9pm, BBC Four.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Lovebox in your living room-

Was on last year, just got around to finishing it. Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse, do an Adam Curtis-style doc on the history of the BBC. Very funny, bit odd

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I love that film, Affleck's brilliant.

Happy Valley's a great recommendation too, we're catching up from start to finish. I was unable to read your spoiler :lolol:
Yeh we've watched all the previous episodes, and viewing S3 one by one.
You'll never have a clue with 'the spoiler'

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Better explores the complex and powerful bonds of loyalty and family, set in a world where everyone has their own version of “right” and “wrong”. Examining the power of human conscience, we follow DI Lou Slack’s (Leila Farzad) epic battle towards redemption, by bringing down Col McHugh (Andrew Buchan); the man she has come to love like a brother and the man she has helped place at the head of Leeds criminal underworld.

Mon 13th Feb

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Gold stars Hugh Bonneville alongside Jack Lowden, Dominic Cooper, Charlotte Spencer, Tom Cullen, Emun Elliott, Sean Harris, Ellora Torchia and Stefanie Martini.

The upcoming heist drama based on the true story of the infamous Brink’s Mat robbery.

Inspired by extensive research and interviews with some of those involved in the events, The Gold is a pulsating dramatization which takes a journey into a 1980s world awash with cheap money and loosened morals to tell this extraordinary and epic story for the first time in its entirety.
Sunday 12 Feb.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Despite Viaplay initially saying it had the rights to North Sea Connection – first shown on RTE in its native Ireland – BBC Four has now announced that it has acquired the series.

Ciara Kenny (Lydia McGuinness) fishes the waters off Roskillane as her family has done for generations. But when her ambitious brother Aidan (Kerr Logan) secretly agrees to carry out a drug run at sea for a Nordic cartel that goes horribly wrong, their lives are forever changed. As pressure from an investigation builds, threatening to unearth long-held secrets, how far will they go for the sake of the family?

Saturday 4th February, 9pm, BBC Four.
More instances of 'well THAT would never happen' than I can recall. Not great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here