Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What's for Dinner ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Our goose was finished yesterday in a 'cottage pie' with carrots that I've done before but with with duck :thumbsup:

We had the red cabbage as well, but having slow cooked a lot of it on Xmas eve, there's now two big bowls in the freezer ready to re-appear over the next few months. Roast Pork, crackling and red cabbage ? :drool:
If you can successfully re-animate pork crackling from frozen, then I think you might be our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Bugger. I really fancy that now, but I have been drinking heavily and can't be arsed with the walk.

FML.

If it’s any consolation I’m stone cold sober and quite fancy a drink, so swings and roundabouts.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you can successfully re-animate pork crackling from frozen, then I think you might be our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
We had a lovely pork loin the other day with some of the best crackling ever. Ate most of it with my two mutts but the missus threw it out in the morning because I left it out…… like that would have bothered me. I was in tears.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Jacket potatoes with tuna and salad. I love that combo, at the same time avoiding the following carbs/fat fest.

Everyone else had Penne and a sauce, with garlic bread and grated cheese.

Every family has one awkward git who won't eat the same as everyone else :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We had a lovely pork loin the other day with some of the best crackling ever. Ate most of it with my two mutts but the missus through it out in the morning because I left it out…… like that would have bothered me. I was in tears.

Mrs Wz doesn't eat crackling due to the fact she's scottish. Proof that you should never trust anyone from north of the Old Shoreham Road ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We had a lovely pork loin the other day with some of the best crackling ever. Ate most of it with my two mutts but the missus through it out in the morning because I left it out…… like that would have bothered me. I was in tears.
The pork joint we had on Boxing Day gave me a semi lob-on. It was SO good. And I could eat crackling every day for breakfast. I don't care if it would kill me within six weeks.

My son-in-law did a joint of lamb for Christmas Day. Nothing wrong with how he cooked it, but then he didn't slice/carve it, he basically HACKED it into chunks. And I really don't like lamb very much.

There. I said it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jacket potatoes are racked with carbs tbh @Weststander

Still better than the shite I'm shovelling down though, to be fair.

A healthy oven baked jacket versus pasta, garlic bread and grated cheese. I watch the unnecessary carbs.

Leaving room for Xmas excess on treats …. we’ve still got Panettone, cream etc, as well as a gorgeous whole ham from M&S and pate. Later this evening I’ll be sampling a collection of gins (a pressie).

I love this holiday season.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The pork joint we had on Boxing Day gave me a semi lob-on. It was SO good. And I could eat crackling every day for breakfast. I don't care if it would kill me within six weeks.

My son-in-law did a joint of lamb for Christmas Day. Nothing wrong with how he cooked it, but then he didn't slice/carve it, he basically HACKED it into chunks. And I really don't like lamb very much.

There. I said it.
My wife never buys lamb because she saw some tubes in it once. She’s like that..

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
IF ITS (if its in the fridge we'll eat it)
Mini party steak pies, pulled beef croquettes, mini jacket potatos

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here