Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's best 'thing' you've purchased for your home ....

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
A bargain double 'multi-pack' of this.....

denim-tornado-after-shave-.jpg

Bathroom smells fab.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Teasmade. Had one (not the same one) for 40 years now. Absolute luxury first thing in the morning.

Me too. We've had one for years. Just had to ditch the latest one because it broke, and wondering how long I will last before I go out and buy a new one, particularly given the clocks have just gone back and, although it is lighter in the morning, winter draws on.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Decent laminate flooring. Had ceramic tiles in the hallway, dining room and kitchen and they were ruddy freezing which is ok in the 3 days a year we get a summer, but in the rest of the year they are soooo cold and in the winder a nightmare. Especially as we have concrete foundations which just stay cold. Kango'd them up and laid laminate and good underlay a couple of months go and makes a big difference already.

Like the idea of one of those Aqualisa shower things. Have a crappy mixer tap with a gravity fed/tank system and the pathetic dribble which comes out is useless. Are these good on a low pressure system?

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Like the idea of one of those Aqualisa shower things. Have a crappy mixer tap with a gravity fed/tank system and the pathetic dribble which comes out is useless. Are tehse god on a low pressure system?

You would need the pumped version for a low pressure system.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Gas powered / water under floor heating system = lovely warm tiles & warm kitchen in the morning

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We are lazy and our garden is under a HUGE protected tree.

This is a terrible combination as we watch thousands of leaves dumped on our garden and the grass ruined. Again, I accept we could do something about it but I'm lazy.

So we bought a leaf blower/vac to suck up and MULCH.

1- Its SO loud
2 - I can pretend I'm a ghostbuster
3 - Its SO loud
4 - It's fun
5 - It's so loud.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Control4 lighting and Lutron blinds, all connected to the internet and using scenes to automatically activate at dusk and sunset using NTP, sounds lazy i know but it's brilliant and useful when you are on holiday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Some very good friends actually purchased it for me but... a slow cooker. Can't cook, won't cook, but chuck in any old meat and two veg and a bit of stock before you go to football and you'll have a tasty ready-to-eat casserole waiting for you when you get home. Taste-TASTIC!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Like the idea of one of those Aqualisa shower things. Have a crappy mixer tap with a gravity fed/tank system and the pathetic dribble which comes out is useless. Are these good on a low pressure system?
I have a low pressure system and the Aqualisa with pump and wireless controller, it's awesome. The wireless controller means you can fix it to the wall outside your shower and turn it on and then step into the shower a few seconds later once the water has warmed up. No standing under the shower and getting a rude cold wake up call!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here