Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What would make you turn your back on the Albion?

What would make you turn your back on the Albion?

• Relegation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Back to back relegation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Players, management, directors becoming embroiled in a hideous cheating scandal

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Takeover by Chinese/Russian/Saudi/etc consortium

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • Giant pitchside flag wavers/CLACKERS!!

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Smug, condescending fans/players/managers, e.g. “we shouldn’t be losing to teams like......”

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Other

Votes: 35 39.8%

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
£50m in cash

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I voted ' foreign takeover' . I deplore the foreign money and becoming a rich man or corporation's tax write off. .... However, would it be permanent? I doubt really. I guess The Albion are in my blood.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Becoming a club like Arsenal.

Lots of empty seats at The Library today against Stoke. Fans can't be bothered to turn up. Team can't be bothered to turn up. Am looking for something else to watch on TV.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No poll option for 'nothing'

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I'm not ashamed to say that there are certain scenarios which would cause me to consciously drift from the Albion. I've supported Brighton all my life, been up and down the country, had season tickets at Withdean etc. Albion is in my blood and is who I am. However, if we were to become a perennial mid-table Premier League team, with foreign owners who didn't have any connection to the club and were sponsored by a Chinese betting firm, my love would start to dim. Ironically, what will keep my passion burning is a few relegations, a few hardships, a few joys, a few sorrows. Just like the old days.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The only thing that would make me turn my back would be Pardew as manager. In all seriousness if our fans had turned their back on us in our darkest hour we would be f*****d. Once a supporter always a supporter.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not much.

I expect if they totally dropped out the 4 pro leagues (maybe 6) I'd likely support Hastings instead and keep merely 'following' Brighton (as it's sort of the opposite right now).

But that's about it really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here