Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would it take to make the North Stand like this?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
harking back to the Goldstone days the north stand was almost entirely blokes aged 15-40.....half cut and there for a sing song , that is between 4-5000 voices and at times the atmosphere at the ground was fantastic.......there was no cliques and if a song started up most blokes joined in......the mentality just isn't the same at The Amex......as someone else said , it will take a few years for the local youff to jump on the Albion train , unless we get to the prem this season of course.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
harking back to the Goldstone days the north stand was almost entirely blokes aged 15-40.....half cut and there for a sing song , that is between 4-5000 voices and at times the atmosphere at the ground was fantastic.......there was no cliques and if a song started up most blokes joined in......the mentality just isn't the same at The Amex......as someone else said , it will take a few years for the local youff to jump on the Albion train , unless we get to the prem this season of course.

Rose tinted glasses. 8/10 games the atmosphere at The Goldstone was bang average.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I actually think we should pick a game near the end of the season and all bring inflatables!

attachment.php

They don't sing much though.

Attachments

• id.png
    id.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,485

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rose tinted glasses. 8/10 games the atmosphere at The Goldstone was bang average.
TBH I'd say you were being generous with average.

I don't understand this desperate need to be something we're not and never have been.
New player - new song. Guarantee no new song/chant will be heard.

Knockaert enthralls ALL the fans but gets his name unimaginatively slung into a song that doesn't scan. BRILLIANT.

The entire team have played fabulously all season and yet only Stockers, Bruno and Bobby (the wrong song) get a mention.

The first half atmosphere on Friday was excellent, but how many times have we had that all season?

It'll be flat tomorrow because Bolton will be flat.

Just accept we are not 'those' fans, and move on.

Last edited:

WeAreTheSWC

Dec 5, 2013
Falmer
We had a good go at this against Yeovil in 2014. We bought ticker tape & foil confetti through our Supporters Fund & encouraged people to bring their own. Several loo rolls made it in, but just as many were confiscated at the turnstiles! We coordinated it through our Facebook group but it takes a lot of effort to reach enough people to make it worthwhile. Would be great to see a big push on NSC to get it happening in the North Stand.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
after three ....."Come on you hooorns!"

storer

Nov 28, 2010
All jokes, smart arse comments and 'this has been said before' aside...

Can some one please tell me why the North stand is so split?

I understand you have two ends both singing, but when one end starts a song, which is clearly loud and catching on...why doesn't the other end just join?
please can some one just put my mind at rest. There mjst be some on here that have a strong opinion on it, love to hear why.

And lastly, talking of two ends singing...are the ones currently in the middle in a coma for 90 mins? or stewards dressed in casual clothes?

sensible answers please*

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
All jokes, smart arse comments and 'this has been said before' aside...

Can some one please tell me why the North stand is so split?

I understand you have two ends both singing, but when one end starts a song, which is clearly loud and catching on...why doesn't the other end just join?
please can some one just put my mind at rest. There mjst be some on here that have a strong opinion on it, love to hear why.

And lastly, talking of two ends singing...are the ones currently in the middle in a coma for 90 mins? or stewards dressed in casual clothes?

sensible answers please*

bell ends....only answer shirley...!!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Whenever the discussions on atmosphere get heated on here...someone always ends up slagging off the WSU for not doing enough.......look... the NS is where the singers mostly are...it's your responsibility to initiate an atmosphere that will at times get picked up elsewhere....so stop this police box vs the world bickering and start generating some decent community songs that the rest of the ground will pick up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think it'll take a good 10 more years to get a good/passionate/loud crowd together.

There's been a lost generation of support between 1997 - 2011.

Nah. If, like Watford, we've a good chance of being promoted or already are promoted (ha !) v Derby on that last game of the season, it will be.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
From where I sit...the 'police box crew' or what I like to call them, 'the loudest Albion fans in the ground' do a great job at generating an atmosphere, there songs are different and have potential. Its clear to see that the players also recognise that corner as the loudest as after every game and during, they direct their applause towards them.

puzzles me why people try to ignore that and try to almost embarrass them...like I said before...why cant people just see the north as one an join/ follow them. for the sake of the atmosphere in the stadium and our reputation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here