Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would have been a good day

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I'm not entirely sure he can do that either - saw a game last year (Think it was a Sheff Wens game) where that exact thing happened and the ref gave an indirect free kick.

I think its the referees descression.

obviously if the ball is about to fly past the keeper, or over his head then its not exactly a backpass.

Im sure Ive seen a game when a defender went to volly the ball back to the keeper, put a bit too much on it and it was about to dip under the bar until the keeper tipped it over.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
ended up being f***ed over by twats. Twats everywhere.

Met Police. 20 of them stopping (8 yes 8) teenagers befor searching them for weapons while loads of other Brighton fans walked past, Me and my mates are 14-16 but yet the police thought we might be so HELL BENT ON DESTRUCTION that they searched through bags of Crisps for knifes. When we complained we were told "welcome to London." They looked upset when they didn't find anything on us. Fuckwits all of em.

The Ref and Lino were idiots, yes we should of taken our chances but we should have had 3 goals by half time as Murray was onside and we had a stonewall penalty turned down.

Leyton Oreint F.C are twats. One of mt friend had purchased a ticket from the club shop, the rest of us payed on the gate. My friend asked if he could sit with us, he is told he can put he has to pay £7 as they can't swap child tickets, only adult ones. He pays the £7 quid and was then refused entery by the man who he had given the money to. :shrug:

People who run trains are IDIOTS. The packed 9 carriage train i was on from London Victoria to Brighton was terminated at Haywards Heath. We were then forced onto another train. How many carriages did this train have? 4
9 f***ing carriages worth of people in 4 carriages. People couldn't f***ing move. 1 twat decided his dog needed a seat, so there went two seats. One for him and one for his f***ing SHITTY DOG. People decided it would be a good idea to keep the windows closed. Then the train stopped in the middle of nowhere for half an hour. Southern rail you are UTTER DICKHEADS.

But all of that doesn't matter because I saw....

Adam Woodyatt a.k.a IAN BEAL :ohmy::thumbsup:

sorry i havent read through this thread yet but were you the lads that were searched near the park at around 2.40? If so,fair play that was a disgrace!!

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
sorry i havent read through this thread yet but were you the lads that were searched near the park at around 2.40? If so,fair play that was a disgrace!!

Don't think it was us you saw, we were across the road from the away fans pub at about 2:15/2:20. Quiet alot of Brighton fans saw us including the Costa Express.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think its the referees descression.

obviously if the ball is about to fly past the keeper, or over his head then its not exactly a backpass.

Im sure Ive seen a game when a defender went to volly the ball back to the keeper, put a bit too much on it and it was about to dip under the bar until the keeper tipped it over.

depends if it is deliberate

if the pass back to the keeper was quite clearly meant to go to him and he puts a hand on it no matter what the circumstances, its a back pass. if however, it comes out of a tackle or a deflection which isnt seen as intentional then he can quite happily pick up

its a tough one - i got done over it last saturday when one of our players put a tackle in, the ball ended back at me and i picked up. ref decided it was intentional, and i was booked for my slightly over-the-top protests

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham

I was stopped at 2:33 apparently, and lasted about ten minutes, just up from the park, so was probably us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here