Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would be the consequences of RELEGATION ?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Alright fella calm down, it's a bit harsh saying I'm deluded. It's hardly an outrageous comment, thinking we'll still get good gates if we get relegated but are fighting for promotion. I certainly wasn't trying to say anything inflamatory.

You might find season tickets drop, but if we start putting a run together people buy them week to week.

Yes I must, apologies

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I wonder if one of the consequences-of-relegation would be, that a couple of top managers may either have to take a serious pay cut or say goodbye

Certainly not. All the top managers are absolutely perfect. I've read it on here. Anyone who disagrees is incontinent.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Similar quality of football.
Similar ticket prices (maybe a bit cheaper).
Lower attendances.
Less BS from the club re #onecluboneambition

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Alright fella calm down, it's a bit harsh saying I'm deluded. It's hardly an outrageous comment, thinking we'll still get good gates if we get relegated but are fighting for promotion. I certainly wasn't trying to say anything inflamatory.

You might find season tickets drop, but if we start putting a run together people buy them week to week.

I absolutely agree that we would have decent crowds if we were fighting for promotion, but you seem to be taking as a given that we would be. I'm not so sure that we wouldn't struggle again. Relegation would knock the stuffing out of this club and I may be in the minority here but I think our crowds would absolutely plummet. The Albion has more fair weather glory hunting fans than most teams and there are plenty of other things to do in Sussex on a Saturday. It was just the same when we were at the Goldstone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The core support who go to football would still go to football. No change whatsoever, at least on an individual level.

How many is the hard core? 8k? 10k? certainly no more imo.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I would hope the club would announce season ticket prices with a clause saying that if we go down, the prices will decline much like they said prices would increase if we sent up. I can't see them doing it though unfortunately.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I have revised my predictions from top 6 to top 16 for this season.

If relegated then attending matches could be better as presumably more wins, more goals, fewer fans but possibly more vocal and passionate ones. Not such noticeable fire drill at 75 minutes. Cheaper tickets or the most expensive in League One?

Off the pitch is very difficult to estimate. If the Amex is too expensive to run in the Championship, what will it be in League One?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The 1901 tickets come up for renewal during next season. I dread to think how much they'd go up if we were challenging near the top of the Championship next season. If we're plodding along in L1 then they should be priced similar to the current price, albeit for a inflationary adjustment, as the situation and environment will be identical to when they first went on sale.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
How many is the hard core? 8k? 10k? certainly no more imo.

We have a new hard core, I think
There are some lightweights that will cancel but I see many new groups of 40 something blokes & fathers with kids that may have only joined/rejoined up from Day 1 Amex that now enjoy a Sat pm purpose.
And some will join up, less further down
Our new core wouldn't drop below 15k in L1, maybe not in L2 short term

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Back to 12000 or lower crowds if they don't and we are not a top of League One side. The prices will have to drop or the ground will be 1/3 full. Grim days

The Galpharm last night was a frightening example of what it could be like!

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
away days at the likes of Shef Utd, Chesterfield, Coventry, Barnsley, Peterborough and Walsall for me

plus cms and Baldock we know can score plenty at that level, though cms would do doubt be released at the end of this season to save wages cash

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I don't think we'd come straight back up. Look at Forest and Leeds, they took a few years, and a few years in League 1 might be devastating for the club with all the losses.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014

It could even be a better atmosphere if 'spanish flair' and his chums stop going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here