What will you now do on Boxing Day 2012 - to be known as Black Boxing Day from now on

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Looks like dog walk, telly, food, board game playing now.

Any better solutions to the fact we are being starved of the Albion on Boxing Day for the first time in the history of the world?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well, next year an away game could be drawn at the time of fixtures for Boxing day, so we can all go to that then, assuming we can get there. If the club can work out how to get trains, buses and stewards sorted for Boxing Day in future, who knows, we may have one at home in the future.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'll probably have to spend the afternoon at the in laws, I normally get out of doing that due to football commitments.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Working. Very happy this has been moved to the Tuesday before.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looks like dog walk, telly, food, board game playing now.

Any better solutions to the fact we are being starved of the Albion on Boxing Day for the first time in the history of the world?

First time ever? I'm pretty sure that when Boxing Day fell on a Sunday a few years ago the matches were held on the Monday which was designated Christmas Bank Holiday.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Family Christmas get-together at my parents ... as I was always going to be doing.

This is a right result for me, as I haven't been able to make Boxing Day games for YEARS!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolute PISSFLAPS.

So I think we can safely assume we are NEVER going to have a home match on a public holiday. Ever.

Brilliant. Fu-cking brilliant.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wife's working on Christmas Day so Boxing Day was always going to be our 'Christmas Day'. Pity the match isn't the 27th which for me will be 'Boxing Day'. Barber out, etc etc etc.

EDIT: Maybe that's the solution? All Brighton fans should have Christmas Day on Boxing Day, then our Boxing day will always be on the 27th. I mean, how hard can it be? Sort it out Barber.

Last edited:

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Dissappointed from a selfish point of view. Gonna miss the Milwall game now as I'll be in Germany.
Guess I'll be spending hangover/boxing day breaking into an alcoholic sweat whist attempting to understand the instructions on mousetrap.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sunning it on a beach in Brazil with a nice cold Caipirinha ... next question.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Enough to cope with our crowds ?

Wasn't our Easter Monday game bumped to the Tuesday this year ?

It was played Tuesday night not at 3pm which says to me it was a midweek fixture anyway? I shall be with the inlaws as always was the plan this year.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Family gathering - xollob

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports