What will be our moment of fame?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Regency Gull

Jul 14, 2003
Shoreham by Sea
Aside from whether the 9 point is enough and whether it is all their own fault, my mate who is a Pompey STH has just summed up in a few lines to me what I think it means to be a proper football fan and follow your club

-

I remember sitting watching Ac Milan – two nil up (as FA Cup holders) and thinking this is the peak of my Portsmouth watching career – and I was right! I may never get to experience those heady heights again. Many (if not most) fans may disagree with me – but in a sick sense I say it was worth it. You support a football team hoping for your moment of fame (unless of course you support the big boys) and I have had my day in the sun and have got the t-shirt (several actually)…

-

Hopefully once at Falmer we'll get our day in the sun and I hope our spot is at the top half of the Championship, a trip to Wembley somehow (I’ll take a JPT final) and maybe even a season in the prem being beaten week in week out but actually standing there with my two sons seeing my team play Liverpool, Chelsea and United at our home in an amazing atmosphere.

Up the Albion

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
my moment of fame will be sitting and standing at falmer, as a season ticket holder for the first time, with my infinitely admirable albion-diehard brother, and the old man, watching the team as a Championship mainstay club... maybe they'll even start challenging for the top one season...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we had it

FA Cup final 1983 watched by most countries in the world

We will never IMHO top that

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I've been to Wembley twice (Cup Final, Notts Co play-off), and loads of other big grounds and games with the Albion, including several games where we won promotions/championships, but the peak of my Seagulls life will always be the 96-7 season: the fight against Bellotti and Archer. It totally took over my life, and - as far as the Albion are concerned - nothing will ever mean as much again.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
To be honest my aspirations are higher than those of many Albion fans because I was spoilt in my youth. I was seventeen in 1983 so I've done the Wembley thing, I've done the winning at Anfield bit and I've been to 'smaller' clubs taking seven thousand away and taking over the place.

My hopes in 10 years would be second season in Premiership. In 20 years? Established in Premiership and making forays into Europe. Big dreams I know, but they are my big dreams.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Promotion at the end of the 87/88 season, we had a good team playing attractive football and thoroughly deserved to go up, we also gave the all-conquering Arsenal a good game in the fourth round of the cup...which remains, despite defeat, one of my happiest memories as a fan and of the Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports