Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were your house names at school?

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
YES :thumbsup:

Unless Amberley was some sort of post-1988 change I wasn't aware of. Can't see that, as the others are all place names around Hurstpierpoint. Amberley, on the other hand...?

I was there in 1998-2004 so I can only presume Amberley is wrong! (Danny house for me) - everyone hated Pakyns

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I left warden park in 2001 so may be different.

Weald wasnt one of them and Coombe was red and Downs was blue.

Must have changed then. Heath was red when I was there, Coombe was white. Beacon Orange, Forest was green and the other 2 were yellow and blue but not sure which way around. I left in 1982.
I don't wish to be rude here. But I'm just imagining the hilarity amongst other kids if you were put in a house called "Downs" :ohmy:

I can honestly say that I never heard any slurs at our school re that. Plenty of others mind...

My wife went to school in SA and says her house names were Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington and Franklin for some reason. Every morning they would have to parade in the playground, sing the national anthem and salute the SA flag!

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
My wife had :
Arden
Charnwood
Radnor
Sherwood
Savernake
She thinks there was another one, but can't remember

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
My wife had :
Arden
Charnwood
Radnor
Sherwood
Savernake
She thinks there was another one, but can't remember

Just remembered the other one - Ashdown!

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Drawing an almost complete blank on Haywards Heath VI form, I was in Spicer but haven't clue what the other houses were, any ideas?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Junior...

Scott
Livingstone
Shackleton*
Rhodes

Senior...

South Africa
Canada
New Zealand
Australia *

Of the Houses seen thus far I'd say 'Downs' is one I not own up to. But 'Uranus' is most definitely one I would deny I'd ever been in. :blush:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When I was at Patcham Fawcett we never had names that I can remember but letters and numbers, A1 A2 B1 B2 B3 C1 C2 A being for the biff ins and C for the not brainy ones, I was in the middle. 1983-87

That was just class numbers, house names were a different thing, I'm sure that Fawcett did away with houses when I was there in the late 70s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here