what were the old bill up to tonight?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
was told i couldn't go up to the buses as the palace fans, so went down to the train station, only for the old bill to let the palace fans get in the last train carriages.

All kicking off in town by the train station...

The old bill have only themselves to blame.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
waiting for a Brighton bound train at Falmer, had a rock the size of a golf ball whizz past and hit the platform only a few metres from where we were standing...whose idea was it to put the palace up above us where it is very easy to throw things down? NEEDS to be sorted, thought it was all going to kick off there and perhaps it did after my train left...not very well organized.

seagull1971

Aug 8, 2003
Cyprus
was told i couldn't go up to the buses as the palace fans, so went down to the train station, only for the old bill to let the palace fans get in the last train carriages.

All kicking off in town by the train station...

The old bill have only themselves to blame.

Yawn

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Loads of stones were being thrown at us in the lewes train queue and all the police on the platform did wad to shout at the Brighton fans to calm down. Poor stewarding at the station didn't attempt to warn the police.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Police were shocking all night, it started for me at Brighton station where we had been waiting for our train for 20 mins or so to then be told we wouldn't be on the next train due to them marching all the palace fans on. I.was fuming so had to wait for the next one,.why and how they got priority I don't know. Que like the far of us, *****. The sergeant in charge couldn't control anything and I was very surprised to come out unscathed.

After the game well, shambles is not the word. What the f*** were they thinking to mix the fans? So many people.getting hit, stoned, run down by horses. Why the f*** did they not segregate it? Now I don't mind banter and a bit of trouble but tonight was the worst I've ever seen it. Before you lot start, yes I have been bricked and had a baseball bat towards my head but why jot keep them in like I had to experience when we lost 5-0, what were they expecting? Utter carnage but reminds me of how football should be, watching your back and not knowing what's gonna happen. Maybe I'm getting old but it made a mockery of our police force.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Depends. I asked the officer nicely if I could go to p&r and he said whichever is easier

Big Cuddly Pandas.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
waiting for a Brighton bound train at Falmer, had a rock the size of a golf ball whizz past and hit the platform only a few metres from where we were standing...whose idea was it to put the palace up above us where it is very easy to throw things down? NEEDS to be sorted, thought it was all going to kick off there and perhaps it did after my train left...not very well organized.

You'll find it was Brighton fans chucking rocks...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What I didnt understand it why the police seperated the fans outside the West Stand, and had a line of horses there, but then let the fans join together at the top of the main walkway to the stadium. Surely it would have been better to eitehr keep them apart all the way (which I presumed they were doing) or let them mingle together from the off.

All it done was keep two large groups seperate give them more room and time to form their own little gangs, and then join them together, and with no surprise that's where it kicked off.

Poor effort from the old bill tonight. Whoever was in charge of that, needs a good kick up the arse

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
this would have been far better if they had held the away support until the majority of the Albion fans had cleared.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No it wasn't KM, I saw guys in Palace colours lobbing stones, there were some brighton fans near them, but it was Palace

OK, well there were a load of Brighton chucking stones up at the bridge, and I guess some must have gone over and down to the platform. Then a little later they started chucking them at the queue for the Lewes train, think they saw one Palace shirt in there but just succeeded in hitting lots of Brighton fans, smacked one old guy on the head, narrowly missed many more. We were livid at them up there.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Palace were doing all the initiating but there was definitely Brighton giving some back. A coin meant for Palace on the bridge came flying past us where we were queueing to get onto the platform and hit a girl full in the head. As we were under the bridge at the time it could only have been Brighton. Everyone involved, from both sides, should be f***ing ashamed. Banter is banter, chucking stuff when there's women and kids about is shameful. Glad the police horses charged, some Stone Island goon got trampled on. Good. Hope it knocks some sense into the lot of 'em.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Angry police dogs forcing albion fans along the platform towards a fair amount of away fans, spoke with a copper about it who'd just arrived and seemed to be taking my word for it as in his words stated there is no command control and I have no idea what I'm doing...

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Heard stones pinging around the top of the bridge as we queued along with Palace fans at the top. Luckily both sets of fans up there were behaving and few if any seemed to get hit by missiles.

There was kne guy in last year's home shirt who had been injured by a police horse, who kept mouthing off and trying to start stuff....nob!

Palace knuckleheads and ours prior to that lived down to their reputations with a number of skirmishes and provocation.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
It makes me wonder if the police made the right decision to make this an evening game.

I haven't seen so much scum (home and away) for years. A really sad night, the result is
totally meaning less to me. I'm not proud to be an Albion supporter tonight!

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
whats the point of fighting over a game of football. carnt see the mentality of it, getting punched, whacked, spat at, even knifed. People who fight at football carnt value their lives, i mean you only have to be punched in the wrong place, and or hit your head on the deck and you could end up either maimed or even dead, just like that welsh fan did. Come to that, even stabbed, and all over 22 men kicking an inflated bladder about. And lets be honest here, 99.9% of those who look for trouble are in groups, beefed up by copius amounts of alcohol, now if they all got split up one by one, would they still be going round looking for trouble on their own? cause not:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports