Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were GATEWAY albums for you?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
In 1979 I was into punk and a bit of heavy rock. Between school & college I was having a lazy summer reading sci-fi, smoking dope (and getting rid of the smell before my mum came home) and listening to music.
One of the shops I used to use was playing The Doors; it was different to anything else I'd heard and, virtually overnight, I got really into them.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The C86 album and friday nights at The Basement - Grand Parade got me into indie pop or whatever you want to call it.

Live at The Witch Trials- was my introduction to Mark E Smith.

The Decline Of British Sea Power also very influential.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I remember getting hold of the 12" of New Order's Perfect Kiss and slamming it on my record player. At the time everyone seemed to be listening to shit 80s electronic dancey stuff. The intro to this 12" alone blew everything else clean out the water. From there, the Low Life album came along with every song brilliant (as well as the cover art). New Order showed me that Indie music is where things are at. From there, the Railway Children on Factory Records, the Smiths etc etc. Fantastic.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Rollins Band album Weight got me into a lot of stuff I still listen to

The Meat Puppets 2 was a massively influential album for me

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store

Attachments

• NEVER MIND THE.jpg
    NEVER MIND THE.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 116

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It's 1977, everyone is ditching their Yes/Genesis/Floyd collections and banging on about punk instead.

However a mates older brother has some 'weird stuff' and he knows I like Gong & Hawkwind so he lends me Autobahn (Kraftwerk), Faust (Faust) and Tago Mago (Can). Blimey oh Riley!!!

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Grotesque :the fall
Rattus:the stranglers
Plastic letters :blondie
White light white heat : velvet underground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here