Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your personal highlight from sunday?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
So hard to choose 1....

Early on - Bridcutt coming up against Williams in a 50:50 & coming striding away with the ball. I was worried about him & Bridders getting the better of their first encounter gave me a lift.
I honestly can't choose between the goals... the first - WHAT A RELIEF. The second - WHAT A GOAL. The third - YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! So calm the way they completely unpicked the Palace defence - it looked SO EASY. PIG's celebration too!
At the end - Calde's fist pumping tour around the stands - the pure genuine emotion on his face. I googling LOVE HIM

:albion2: :clap2: :clap: :banana: :O :ascarf: :albion:

:goal:

:O :O :O :O :O :O
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
:rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave:

(apologies for the overuse of smileys, but I am still grinning like a googling idiot!)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On the train from HH to Lewes I was surrounded by Palace fans and asked how I thought that we would do my answer was " depends which Brighton team turns up we could win 3 - 0 or just as easily lose 3 - 0 to which they answered you may be lucky and scrape a 1 goal win but you will never score 3. Would love to have bumped into them on the way home.

Going to Village Way after the game a teenage Palace fan coming out of the south stand saying to his friend If I see anybody in a Blue and White shirt I am going to kick f..k out of them. Old Bill walking behind walked up to him and said "You are not come with me" top marks to plod.

Why would you walk past the south stand to Village Way when you were on the train?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would you walk past the south stand to Village Way when you were on the train?

Went over by train, had a drink in Lower west after the game, and wife picked me up to take handicapped brother in law home to Ferring, so as to avoid Brighton and any possible trouble that may have been expected but didnt happen.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
PIG celebration after our 3rd goal. Fist pumping o the Palace fans. Shows his passion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The seagull that once again came swooping over the north majestically soared past the west just as Lopez stepped up to take the free kick then came a chorus of" shit on shit on shit on the *******s below below " as it finally circled over the Palace fans at the exact same moment the ball from Lopez's shot crashed into the net an unbelievable moment Of timing , it was as if an Albion fan has come back in a second life as a seagull and was watching over of us ( spine tingling moment )
Also made me laugh at half time a little lad who sits a few seats along from us told me he missed the goal coz he was watching the seagull at the time :)

Haha bless him.

The I'd not realised the timing of the seagulls was then!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Zaha doing his usual fifty stepovers, keeping the ball and refusing to pass it to his team mates, before being absolutely (and legitimately) cleaned out by Gordon Greer who evidently decided he'd had enough of watching the fannying around.

Only just read this. Have to agree. His selfishness was hilarious. No doubting his skill. But his willingness to just fanny about would have annoyed the **** out of me if he was playing for us. And then losing his temper. He was like Barnes with added pointless ability.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
My 19 son coming back from University for the game and him seeing us beat Palace for the first time.

I used to take him to Gillingham to see us lose to the likes of cambridge and Barnet. he had a ST at Withdean and sat in the rain, and up till yesterday his experiences of Palace had been 0-0 and 2-3 at home, and 1-1 and this season's 0-3 debacle way.

I didn't take him to the McShane game, something he still hasn't forgiven me for.

I can't pick out one highlight, the whole day was simply superb, and one that will ling long in the memory.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
PIG's save from Matthew Upson......... Brilliant!

KLL roasting the right back everytime in the second half.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
As well as all of the above, seeing the unpredictability of the beautiful game fall our side of the tracks.

Prepared myself beforehand for a heavy defeat, but you still can't quite extinguish that 1% glimmer of hope that maybe, MAYBE, it might be our day.
Everything pointed in the opposite direction. EVERYTHING. One point from nine. A litany of crocked players. El Abd suspended. Barnes banished into outer darkness, slung into solitary with only bread, rats and a video from the FA for company. 30-goal Murray. Palace confident. Gus suggesting the players were flushing our play-off hopes down the toilet. Decades since the last home win over the Selhurst crew.

Then Sunday happens. The sun rises, resurrection happens, and all things are possible. Sublime football, great goals, a stadium dancing itself stupid.
It's only a game. But what a game.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
HT in WSU concourse was absolutely buzzing and that's the stand-out for me. Strangers hugging each other and all of us thinking that this could be the day. I think all of us had a big doubt even with a 2 goal cushion but the release of tension and the adrenaline still flowing from Spanish Dave's free kick made us all feel like we were watching something very special.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Spanish Daves free kick. Those few seconds when you don't know if it's going to go in but it looks close. And then it thuds against the underside of the bar and you still don't know if it's going in, then it hits the line and you still don't know if it's going in. You're in half jump mode , hanging in anticipation then the ball rips up into the top of the net and you KNOW it's in. Then everyone around you is going absolutely crazy - it's bedlam everywhere apart from behind the goal.

Yeah - that's my favourite moment. Who needs drugs ? - legal high.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
I will always look upon yesterday with fondness. As soon as the Lopez free kick hit the back of the net I was jumping around the Esu like I'd had ten pints. Looked around me and aload of fortysomethings were doing the same. I cant recall an atmosphere likethat since a Dean Wilkins scored his last minute free kick in 91 v Ipswich to win our place in the play offs. What a great day yesterday was:banana::banana::banana:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I will always look upon yesterday with fondness. As soon as the Lopez free kick hit the back of the net I was jumping around the Esu like I'd had ten pints. Looked around me and aload of fortysomethings were doing the same. I cant recall an atmosphere likethat since a Dean Wilkins scored his last minute free kick in 91 v Ipswich to win our place in the play offs. What a great day yesterday was:banana::banana::banana:

Never tire of remembering that free kick. A truly wonderful moment.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Jackie saying YES!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here