[Misc] What was your favourite car

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Can't find the photos right now, but my MK1 Shogun lwb was the bestest and most fun car I've had. You could get a whole family of immigrants camping in it and not know they were there!
Actually, could fill it full of fishing tackle and disappear to the west coast of Ireland for a week, without an obstructed view and being cramped. My dogs at the time really struggled to jump in the back though:lolol:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Forgive my ignorance, I only use my phone or tablet which is why I’ve always favoured photo hosting sites, if it’s a photo on in my phone’s album can I upload that via google somehow or am I still in need of a host site?

You can save google images (keep finger on image and 'save image' option will pop up), it saves it to your 'photos' app and you can upload it wherever you like from there. Just tried it on my phone :thumbsup: I think you can 'export' photos to a desktop file as well, for easy access.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I loved my MK1 MX-5 with pop up headlights, in British racing green, British car 1.8i.
Unlike my MG Roadster, the MX-5 could be improved with the vast array of accessories you can get that improve the look and the drive without ruining it, but with the Roadster most money was spent keeping it on the road.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Golf MK3 GTI 16v, the real MK3 GTI, fast and cornered like on rails.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
New Fiesta XR2 I bought when I lived in Jersey (max speed limit 40mph) in the heady days of being 21 and paying almost no income tax, accommodation charges and being able to buy tax-free cheap cars.........loved bringing it back to the UK on the boat and giving it a proper blast.

I did the same.

Bought an XR3i off a mate over there. Tried to bring it back to the UK when I left the island but couldn’t make it work on the J plate.

5 mile road?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I hold a great deal of affection for my first car, an Austin A40, which was a faithful steed, until it went to the big scrap heap in the sky with terminal rust.
Besides company cars, of which I've had quite a few, I loved my MGC Roadster which was a 3 litre beast with lots of modifications. I now love my Jaguar XJL Portfolio in which I can waft along in great comfort.........very important due to my increasingly creaking body!:lolol:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Ford Scorpio Ultima V6. Luxury with a bit of performance, but wasn’t very green as it did poke all to the gallon and had to go because I couldn’t afford the daily commute to Redhill at the time. Climbed down to a Mazda 6 diesel as we were told at the time that diesel was green.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I did the same.

Bought an XR3i off a mate over there. Tried to bring it back to the UK when I left the island but couldn’t make it work on the J plate.

5 mile road?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh yes....5 Mile Road.......usually with a Jersey copper parked half way along it (always did a slow pass first to check :smile:)

Re the J plate, simply got mine re-registered with DVLA when I moved back (from Guernsey though, so car had one of their plates then as had to re-reg it there too). Everyone on the island had decent cars at the time as they were so much cheaper than in the UK. Traffic has continued to get worse of course - it's pretty horrific now.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can’t find any pics currently but I was very fond of my powder blue 1973 VW Beetle, slow as hell, handled like shyte, looked cool.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My scoob front.jpg

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
My favourite used to be my Honda Prelude 2 litre in white with pop up headlights.

Eventually sold it then got a letter from DVLA asking the mileage when I sold it. The bloke I sold it to had wound back the clock. Apparently he was a serial cheat and got a jail sentence.

My current favourite is my Crossfire auto coupe in black. (Not very PC with a 3.2 litre engine). My wife has the sensible car!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As if by magic The Telegraph features on the best 100 cars made (in the authors opinion of course), but there sure is some beauties included.
No Impreza? Man's an idiot.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Someone asked me to look at their brothers fiesta (used to be handy with spanners) as it wouldn't start.. Pitched up, and fairly quickly knew the leads were the in the wrong sequence. In the right order, it started on the button, so quickly turned it off, put leads back in random order, and (snydy i know..) offered him £150 (back in early 90's) - Bagged myself a decent Mk1 XR2, and loved it for years.
You're not a very nice person are you

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No Impreza? Man's an idiot.

Johnnys stupid brother

Faced vega engines are shit, Buick rivieras are diabolically bad ( had one in St Louis 2002)

Whilst a Lamborghini Maura brings grown men to their knees weeping, and is guaranteed to nail even an over weight ugly ginger like Chris Evans or even me, a top bird, it's not a very good car. One of the finest ornaments on the planet though.

Bentley speed 6 and Aston db5 should be in the commercial vehicle category. Compared to a Talbot 105 of similar vintage, a Bentley would be in the agricultural sector!

No mention of the Cortina . . .up there with the mini and beetle, the Austin 1100 also outsold the mini here in the 60's, Anglia ran it close.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports