Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What Was The Worst Albion Performance You Have Ever Seen ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
With all the wailing and gnashing of teeth after tonight's limp effort at The Kenny, I wondered what the worst all time performance you have ever witnessed from the Albion was. Feel free to combine it with your worst away day experience.

For me, having traveled the length and breadth of blighty in the 90s there are a few.

One I especially remember was a 4-1 defeat at Bristol Rovers in April 1992. I was sitting in the main stand and It was summed up by a Rovers player on the ball shouting out 'Come on, this is easy'

The score could have been so much more that day.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
3 nil down inside 15 mins away at Brentford (Glen Thomas horror show!)

4 nil down in 2002, at Brentford again - even though we won the title that year. Utterly freezing January night too.

Every away performance at Brentford come to think of it… :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I wonder how long before someone posts the obvious one, after about 13 years waiting…

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Losing under Case away at Doncaster when we at the foot of league 2… I think it was 4-0, was simply put: so utterly dreadful, I still to this day can’t adequately describe what I witnessed.

But I’ll give it a go:

It was like watching two sets of drunk men trying to build a complex piece of IKEA furniture without instructions and several L shaped brackets.

I think I might have cried that day.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
3 nil down inside 15 mins away at Brentford (Glen Thomas horror show!)

4 nil down in 2002, at Brentford again - even though we won the title that year. Utterly freezing January night too.

Every away performance at Brentford come to think of it… :lolol:

I was about to post the same. On one of those I left early and found the train cancelled.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Away to Fulham under Hughton. A cold and snowy night towards the end of his tenure. We took an early 2 goal lead but never looked convincing. Second half we conceded 4.

West Ham away under Poyet. 5-0 by half time I seem to recall. Only time I left an away game early.

Everton at home last season. Can’t split these!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That match up the road when we lost 5-0
Amazing it took as many posts as it did to get to this one.

But as I said on the OMDT, I can honestly say I don't remember us ever playing as badly as that under Potter. The last time we were as poor as that was probably Bournemouth or Cardiff at home under Hughton. Even the Burnley 0-3 two seasons ago,, Everton 1-5 last season or Villa 1-6 this season were not as bad as this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here