Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was THE season-defining moment ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This moment. Smells like team spirit. Priceless.

13043361_10153906962004713_4821836714309483400_n.jpg

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Bobby's winners at Fuham and Leeds, got us up to the top, proved we were challengers, followed up by a great win at Ipswich, showed how irresistible we were going forward

I wouldnt say its the season defining moment (burnley equaliser was for me), but When Bobby kissed the badge after scoring the winner, this old footballing romantic started to well up becuase you know he meant it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Positive moment (if you can have one from a such a tragedy) was the reaction following the shoreham air crash. That's when together became more than a marketing line

As a negative it is Dunk's sending off at Qpr(sorry to lay this on one player). Convinced it cost us a win that day and probably at least a draw at home to boro. I don't think we would have suffered the wolves and ipswich defeats like we did after that if we hadn't capitulated 3-0

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
For me it was the string of bad injuries we had before Christmas which derailed us. The start of our 'bad luck' this season. If things are going to even out over time we are definitely due a 'good luck' season next year.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
For every 'Burnley equaliser' or 'QPR red card', there's also a 'Bobby's last minute winner at Leeds' or 'MK Dons last-minute penalty miss'. These things happen.

Considering we've had a brilliant season, I'd say the die was cast with the iconic moment of Tomer Hemed up on the advertisement hoardings on a beautiful watery-sunshine day at Fulham having given us three deserved points from the spot.

It set the tone for the season, and I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute since.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Not beating Burnley is the one. Conceding late is what sticks in the mind for most, particularly given the non-goal but, in truth, it was us not scoring a third (or fourth). We were so much better and should have romped that game.

Beyond that, my group have long said that Boro were better but not three goals better. Little did we know that if it had only been two we'd be up now.

This was it for me. I have been carrying around an air of impending doom ever since and I'm only grateful that the misery ended last night and not at Wembley the day after I move house.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm refusing to look at individual items over a long 46 game season - we have just been dreadfully unlucky that there were three teams able to amass 89+ points when most other seasons that guarantees promotion or even champions. There are not many teams who can go a whole season with a blip, we had ours at Christmas, Burnley at the start of the season and Boro twice at the end of the season..

If you ignore the massively unfair financial benefits from promotion and look at the championship which in my view is one of if not the most competitive league in the world and we have that to look forward to again in just three months time when we get our tickets punched for another rollercoaster ride.

It only about 7-8 weeks until the pre-season starts again.

Burnleylad

May 2, 2014
For me, I just cannot get that 93rd minute Burnley equaliser out of my head. The fact that that vile, thuggish, bindipping scrote was still on the field to fake his way to the free kick, that led to the corner, that was headed in by Keane...its a moment in Albion history that will haunt me forever. Just seeing that net bulge right at the death, after we'd battered them for the best part of 70 minutes, was just about the most sickening and stomarch-churning thing I have seen since the Kerry Katona New Year slimfast DVD.

I KNOW over 46 games there are any number of little incidents that lead to goals, some in favour, some against. But that Burnley goal felt like a dagger through the heart at that very moment. And so it has proved.

Love it :tantrum: You conveniently forget we scored a perfectly good goal that wasn't given and still harp on about us equalising. Que sera, sera. I hate to say this, but when I read posts like this it almost makes me happy that you didn't get promoted but I do feel for the genuine BHA fans who aren't knobheads like some of the bitter, vile posters on here.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Love it :tantrum: You conveniently forget we scored a perfectly good goal that wasn't given and still harp on about us equalising. Que sera, sera. I hate to say this, but when I read posts like this it almost makes me happy that you didn't get promoted but I do feel for the genuine BHA fans who aren't knobheads like some of the bitter, vile posters on here.

Good luck in the PL, you're going to need it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You conveniently forget we scored a perfectly good goal that wasn't given

Agree with you about the goal, but there was a perfectly good red card that wasn't given to the philosopher Joey Barton that would have meant the game (and Burnley's subsequent games) had a completely different outcome.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Well you know where the exit is don't you? It's called log off and don't come back to this site.

Clearly people are going to be pissed off because you lot down to 10 men without Barton trying to ref and play the game would have in all likelihood meant no phantom goal and no equaliser

In the same way as us not getting Stephens sent off at boro might or might not have caused us to not get the winner.

Or if the phantom goal had been scored we might have had more time to get a winner against you.

But the one fact was that if Barton wasn't on the pitch he wouldnt have 'won' a free kick from which you scored. End of.

That's not a dig at Burnley, Dyche or you. If you wanted reasoned, well balanced, and insightful debate I would suggest bwing on here these last few weeks were perhaps not the best choice. It's a bit like if we vote to leave Europe having Boris or nigel Farage turning up at Brussels to ask for their analysis of how the referendum campaign went

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
3 double incidents.

2 Mistakes by CH

(a) Not signing a left back on a month loan when LR got injured and relying on an ageing Calderon when it was obvious he didnt rate Chicksen. When he signed Ridgewell it was too little too late and thus only getting 6 points out of 27 overr December and the New Year.
(b) Not signing a back up target man for Hemed knowing BZ was virtually finished and thus relying on no cover for Hemed.

2 Conceded goals

(a) V Middlesbro at home 2-0 woyuld have got us promoted so the 3rd killed us.
(b) The 2nd goal against Burnley again a win would have promoted us.

2 Bad refereeing decisions

(a) Dean sending off Stephens
(b) Last night not disallowing the Wed goal for a foul on Dunk by Hooper.

Having said that credit must be given for what CH and the team did manage to achieve and very neaerly pulled it off.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Looking back now the defining moment of the season was Skalaks THUNDER******* finish. It symbolised the excellent recruitment work in January, the fact that it obviously meant so much to the player (who was already in love with the club and city - and he's not the only one), the fact that this has been the best season of football we've seen at the Amex and that fact that it's our best league finish since 1983.

I refuse to dwell on the stamps & sendings off; Hughton is a manager that demands of his players that they focus purely on the next game, refuse to feel sorry for themselves and go out there and perform to their limits, so it seems churlish for me to go against this.

A wonderful summer of Euros then back to the best and most exciting league in the world (if only you could turn a profit in it.) Cannot ****ing wait.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For me, I just cannot get that 93rd minute Burnley equaliser out of my head. The fact that that vile, thuggish, bindipping scrote was still on the field to fake his way to the free kick, that led to the corner, that was headed in by Keane...its a moment in Albion history that will haunt me forever.
He played the ball forward for their first goal too (after he should have been sent off).

We have been robbed.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Who asked you? No-one is interested in your opinion. It's worthless.

However, it is a backhanded compliment from you to us that you're here, meaninglessly whining and grizzling about our opinions, because it's far more than I could ever care about you.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
For me, I just cannot get that 93rd minute Burnley equaliser out of my head. The fact that that vile, thuggish, bindipping scrote was still on the field to fake his way to the free kick, that led to the corner, that was headed in by Keane...its a moment in Albion history that will haunt me forever. Just seeing that net bulge right at the death, after we'd battered them for the best part of 70 minutes, was just about the most sickening and stomarch-churning thing I have seen since the Kerry Katona New Year slimfast DVD.

I KNOW over 46 games there are any number of little incidents that lead to goals, some in favour, some against. But that Burnley goal felt like a dagger through the heart at that very moment. And so it has proved.
Yup.... but for that goal.....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here