Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the last musical that you have seen?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The last was Matilda which was truly stunning. Everyone should see it (but leave room for me to see it again, please).

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Jesus Christ Superstar last month in Nottingham. A bit ordinary, despite meeting Lord Andrew.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Saw Swallows and Amazons at Chichester last spring. Was excellent, very funny and lots of fun. Audience members got to throw foam "cannonballs" at the stage during the pirate battle scene. Music and lyrics by Neil Hannon of the Divine Comedy. Not on anywhere now though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Last one was Priscilla Queen of the Desert (with Jason D), before that it was mama mia. Get me :safeway:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Saw Little Shop Of Horrors years back. It was ok. Generally avoid musicals like the plague though. Bloody terrible things. Oh did get tickets for Wizard of Oz a few yrs back at Theatre Royal as a gift to my then girlfriend who was having a shit time. Made her happy. I usually avoid the shite that's on at Theatre Royal though, it's usually something like Peter Bowles and Kate O'Mara in Anita Dobson's "Whoops, There Go My Knickers"!

Oh and to the OP, sort your tenses out please.

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Lion King - I took my niece & the look on her face throughout the whole performance was worth the ticket prices alone.

I'm not a lover of musicals myself, but really want to take her to see Matilda, just to seal my place as the favourite uncle!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Brighton 'Til I Die!

Not really a musical, but there was singing

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The last was Matilda which was truly stunning. Everyone should see it (but leave room for me to see it again, please).

Totally agree. I defy anyone to see it and not have a good time. It cleaned up in the Olivier Awards and thoroughly deserved to.

The last musical I saw was The Sound of Music up the road from me at the open air Kilworth House Theatre. Fantastic show in a beautiful setting - one of British theatre's best kept secrets - a stunning purpose built theatre with canvas sails as a roof and surrounded by woods.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Starlight express...one of the best musicals We ever saw was Bombay dreams.

The ben Elton one The beautiful game. Was really brilliant

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Totally agree. I defy anyone to see it and not have a good time. It cleaned up in the Olivier Awards and thoroughly deserved to.

Matilda was the last one I saw too, it was marvellous. Really want to go again.

Someone else mentioned return to the forbidden planet. Not seen it for years but I have seen it several times and it is always loads of fun.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Phantom of the Opera, last month in London. Still amazing and well worth the price of the tickets.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on Broadway back in 2005. Really good show, shame it never made it over to the UK as I think it would have been very popular over here.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The Gondaliers - not a 'musical' per se but highly influential in the development of the form ......... I love a bit of G&S me

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I'm a bit surprised at the negative comments for Les Miserables. I've seen it 3 times and will def go again. Far and away the best musical I've ever seen!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I'm a bit surprised at the negative comments for Les Miserables. I've seen it 3 times and will def go again. Far and away the best musical I've ever seen!
Quite right sir! That and the 'Phantom of the Opera; were tops...the only one that really disappointed was 'Blood Brothers'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here