Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What was the first thing you learned to cook?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Fajitas

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
If we mean a dish rather than an accompaniment then it would be beef wellington when I was 7.

If not then a loaf of bread at the same age.

Trying to get me into cooking was my mum’s idea as a way of enticing me to not go and watch the Albion with my dad... that turned out well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Full English, still my favourite meal, so many variations but essentially lots of fried pork products... :drool:

Bacon and Eggs, one day's work for the Chicken, a lifetime commitment for the Pig.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rice pudding I think. I had a real thing for it when I was a kid.

Mind you, I also used to like eating raw sausages by squeezing the porkmeat out of the skin straight into my gob, like a meaty popsicle. Then I'd really annoy my mum by eating a pack of jelly (straight from the little cardboard box).

Ahh, summer holidays home alone.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
- Only 17% of chefs in the UK are female
- The stereotype of women being the cooks of the household is at least 20 years out of date now

The first thing I learned to cook? Bacon sarnie as a teen, but didn't get it right until my 20's. Now my bacon sarnies are world class.

My thoughts exactly, wouldn’t let my mrs anywhere near the kitchen unless I need a good clear out of the bowels and more of my close friends are in the same boat then aren’t.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fried eggs with fried bread. Used to do it for my mum on a Sunday morning when I was 10. I'd probably be taken into care now for being allowed to be in control of a gas stove and a frying pan full of hot dripping, but this was 1967.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Toast and then grilling sausages under the grill of one of those old fashioned but excellent 'New World' cookers with eye level grill and slots for keeping plates warm, circa 1955.
Shippams sausages from Chichester and lovely they were.:smile:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
London Grill ... from the tin!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here