What was the first Gig that you went too

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Mine was Showaddywaddy at the Brighton Centre in around 1980 when I was about 10. I went with my mate and his mum and dad.

Rock n roll, eh?

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
My first gig was blink 182 in 2004, was blinding. completely got the bug for gigs since then, seen oasis twice, ocean colour scene, stereophonics thrice, courteeners, the enemy thrice, sex pistols, stiff little fingers four times, emmy the great, james, manic street preachers, paul weller, the rifles, dead sixties, kasabian, fratellis, jack penate, red hot chilli peppers, biffy clyro, twin atlantic, and have tickets to the foo fighters, with biffy clyro and death cab for cutie and a ticket for the arctic monkeys.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
They did play the Dome circa 1981/2 on the Computer World tour. Great gig imo.

Oh God. Now I'm confused. Memory may be playing tricks. The only track I knew at the concert was "Autobahn". I was sure it was their only hit at the time of the concert I saw. Got married in 1978 and I defo never went to any concerts after that. Was the Brighton Center even built back then? Wasn't it Kingswest

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
The Stone Roses - Brighton Centre - 2nd of December 1995.... will always remember the date

My Mum who worked down the road queued to get tickets for me and my mate. Brilliant.

Obviously my life was never the same again :)

chestercopperpot

Landportpudlian
Nov 10, 2010
Hastings
Guns and Roses at Wembley, i think 1990ish. it was the use your illusion tour and i nearly got crushed after being to brave and squeezing my way to the front. quality though.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
It wasn't primal scream it was Ride and the La's. They played Rock n Roll star twice once at the beginning and again as the encore.

blimey, im sure it was Primal Scream, they were on second after the La's? Maybe I wrong, Ride we a better festival band, remember seeing them at Reading in 93 or 94, pissed down all weekend, Nivarna headlined on the Sunday, the weekend was best remembered for the bass guitarist from the lady punk band L7 taking her tampon out and throwing it into the crowd!!

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
The1st concert of MY choosing but my 2nd of well in excess of 200 concerts attended was Status Quo supported by Grand Slam (Phil Lynott), Little Stephen & The Disciples of Soul, Dave Edmunds and Chas & Dave (may have been one more support). .... The venue was the sh1thole in South London.

My very first was .... Lena Zavaroni at Worthing Pavilion.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
blimey, im sure it was Primal Scream, they were on second after the La's? Maybe I wrong, Ride we a better festival band, remember seeing them at Reading in 93 or 94, pissed down all weekend, Nivarna headlined on the Sunday, the weekend was best remembered for the bass guitarist from the lady punk band L7 taking her tampon out and throwing it into the crowd!!

Definitely ride. I remember hearing the first bars of leave them all behind from the bar as I didn't realise they were playing and went running back in all the way to the front in what seemed like seconds. Yeah las on first and no one was in to them until they played there she goes when everyone went mental.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town

I was at that Reading as well remember the L7 moment. Bunch of right rough old beasts they were.

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
I believe the Brighton Centre opened in 1977 ... I also believe that Bing Crosby's LAST gig was at the Brighton Centre in that very year.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The Undertones - Top Rank Brighton - not sure of the year but must have been late seventies.

I have always considered that first gig a lot cooler than my first single purchase which, to my eternal embarrassment, was Chuck Berry's "My Dingaling". I had absolutely no idea what it was really about at the time - how my family must have laughed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports