Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the first game the Albion played after you were born?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Trying to check the Albion games as I was born 20th June 1958 but have found that West Germany lost to Sweden 3-1 and Brazil beat France 5-2 in the World Cup Semi Finals on the 24th June 1958

Not very good news for you mate...the first game after your birth was the new season 0f 58/59...first match the very infamous thrashing away to Middlesborough 9-0 when a certain Mr B Clough scored five of them......sorry!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I don't know how to find out, That website told me the game was on the 11/03/89 and that we were in the old second division but I can't see who we played that day or the score. Anyone able to help?

11/3/89 away to Shrewsbury Town 1-1 draw...Garry Nelson Brighton scorer.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Brighton 0 - 4 Arsenal

Bloody hell, I remember that game. First home game in div one, I was in the North stand when we got rumbled by a load of arse fans who had got into it with us. Nice welcome to the big time.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
Beat Colchester (H) 5-1 18.08.51,

I see that we won 2-1 at Palace on Christmas Day and beat them again 4-3 on Boxing Day in that season. Some things never change, apart from playing on Christmas Day of course

Just imagine telling the Mrs to hold on to the presents on Christmas morning and put the turkey on standby 'cause I am off to Football??

Last edited:

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
We were at home and we beat Millwall 1/0. Also found out that there was a pro footballer who has played for Colchester born in Brighton on the same day as me. Fascinating. Maybe thats where I got the love of the game from. Watching his booties kicking there in the crib next to me!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
28th sept 1946
Albion 0-4 Cardiff city

how thing change eh!
and a fact I came up with whilst looking for that result is that the great John Napier was born on the same day as me watched him loads of times but never knew that
todays useless fact

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
We beat Portsmouth 2-1 on the 29/04/92. I was born two days before and that season we finished second from last and were relegated.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
1-1 draw away to Coventry in old Div 3 played on the day I was born - Brighton finished the season in 21st place and were relegated.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Kind of topical at the moment due to a certain cup draw.
We lost 1-4 at home to Liverpool on the day I was born.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here