Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was on BBCTV the day you were born?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
This was 1975, when a billion really was a big number :thumbsup:

drevil.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
LIVE coverage of the Queen meeting the Emperor of Japan at Gatwick.

mmmkay.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
12.45 : Grandstand
Introduced by Frank Bough direct from Murrayfield featuring International Rugby Union, Scotland v England: BBC outside broadcast cameras cover the whole of this afternoon's 77th Calcutta Cup match. Scotland will be looking for their first win in this year's International Championship; while for England, after their narrow defeat by Wales, victory could keep alive their hopes of sharing the Championship.

17.15 : DrWho
starring Jon Pertwee with Caroline John and Nicholas Courtney

17.40 : The Debbie Reynolds Show
Another hilarious episode in the -life of the delectable

18.05 : The News
Weatherman GRAHAM PARKER

18.15 : It's Cliff Richard
with Una Stubbs , Hank Marvin featuring Nanette
Tonight Cliff , Hank, and Una will be keeping their fingers crossed for Mary Hopkin who'll be singing her ' Song for Europe ' in Amsterdam, in this year's Eurovision Song Contest (BBC1 10.0).

20.15 : The Black and White Minstrel Show
Television's fastest spectacular bringing back the Magic of the Minstrels

21.00 : A Man Called Ironside
criminal investigator extraordinary

21.50 : The News
With KENNETH KENDALL and Weather

22.00 : Eurovision Song Contest for the Grand Prix of 1970
From the Amsterdam
International Congress Centre

23.15 : * Match of the Day
David Coleman presents two-match action and the top news and views of the Saturday fixture list. Match of the Day comes from a well - known Football League ground. Commentator
KENNETH WOLSTENHOLME

0.00 : Weatherman
Closedown

Northstandchat gives you the answer (if the Ebay item is correct)
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...ALBION-V-SCUNTHORPE-UNITED-SAT-7th-MARCH-1959

When searching for the tv programmes, the Radio Times dating is for a week. Open up the Radio Times just before your date of birth.

It was England v Australia cricket and the Olympics the day I was born. My Dad was annoyed that my birth at 3.30pm interrupted his cricket.

At home against the mighty Scunthorpe (cue Typhoo tea joke) - my life is complete!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Wimbledon '87, the first day of the Third test against Pakistan (which Pakistan won by an innings and 18 runs, winning them the series as all four other matches were drawn), and the second episode of Blackadder II, which makes me fairly happy.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I was utterly surprise at the level of satire, sexual politics, and religious irreverence that was present on BBC tv in the 56's.......here's my birthday's schedule, for instance

16.45: ' POPIE '

W. Macqueen-Pope , theatre his torian, continues his stories ol gay London nights
Presented by Kenneth Milne-Buckley
Contributors
Unknown: W. MacQueen-Pope
Presented By: Kenneth Milne-Buckley

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Dixon of Dock Green

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
January 1942 my Mum had to be carried out over a thick snow drift but I managed not to pop out until she reached Buckingham Road @ 9.0 am. Only the radio in those days but playing on the Home Service was this gem: 'DANCE RHYTHMS' Orchestral gramophone records.

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
No tele for me in June 51. First was about 1956 and was good old Popeye the sailor man.
Also afternoons taken up by watch with mother.
Monday. Picture Book.
Tues. Rag, Tag and Bobtail.
Wed. Bill and Ben.
Thurs. Andy Pandy.
Fri. The Woodentops.
Probably better than whats on now!

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
20.45: Reginald Tate, Isabel Dean and Duncan Lamont in 'THE QUATERMASS EXPERIMENT'
21.15: THE GAY PARADE
(Holiday Edition) with Gordon Harker !

01/08/1953

Same day as me!

One more for "The Gay Parade"

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
2.35. World Cup Quarter Finals - England v Argentina. (we won 1-0, Geoff Hurst)

I was actually at the game with my dad so I didn't see it on TV, however I did see it when it was repeated recently. I also saw it at the cinema in 'Goal', picked out my dad (during the long pan of Rattin walking round the pitch to the dressing room after being sent off), but not me, when the film was shown on TV recently, courtesy of freeze frame.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
What about this beauty of a radio programme from 1927 when my dad was born.

21.20: Gloucestershire Dialect Talk arranged by Mr.

E. Le BRETON MARTIN. Spoken by Mrs. HANNAM-CLARK . ,
YE men arid women of Gloucestershire, within and without the county, and all -who love to hear the ancient dialects of English shires, do not miss this fascinating quarter of an hour. in which a native of the county, with Mr. Le Breton Martin, will demonstrate the characteristic speech of Gloucestershire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here