Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was kicking off today?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
What was kicking off today in rows T-W seat numbers 75-90 ish right behind the goal at kick off?

Did anyone see it.

Seemed to be infighting within the Brighton massive?

Stewards didnt seem to be able to cope and sent the heavy high viz police mob in.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
What was kicking off today in rows T-W seat numbers 75-90 ish right behind the goal at kick off?

Did anyone see it.

Seemed to be infighting within the Brighton massive?

Stewards didnt seem to be able to cope and sent the heavy high viz police mob in.

I was around that area. Apparently it was to do with some bloke who looked to be 60+ wanting to sit in a particular seat, and the occupant of this said seat not being keen on vacating. It was all rather unfortunate and it did seem the stewards took a while to get to this unnecessary spat.

I imagine alcohol was the root cause, but was surprised to see this 'older' bloke come back for more, some moments later!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Yep, someone came up to the person who was in his seat, they had a bit of an argument and the police and stewards massively over-reacted. Something over nothing really

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Were the police really taking photos of everyone in those rows?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
My mate told me he got started on and punched for being in someone else's seat, then thrown out for reacting. Let back in shortly after though.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
My mate told me he got started on and punched for being in someone else's seat, then thrown out for reacting. Let back in shortly after though.

Don't condone being started on and punched, but why was he in someone else's seat ?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Don't condone being started on and punched, but why was he in someone else's seat ?

I don't know exactly what happened and why as I was a good 15 rows behind. But I assume it was the typical sit where you want, I don't think many around me where in their seats.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I don't know exactly what happened and why as I was a good 15 rows behind. But I assume it was the typical sit where you want, I don't think many around me where in their seats.

We had to get duplicate tickets today as the post let us down, and ended up in this area. When we got to our seats it was clear that the whole area was over-crowded, there were two to a seat in places and some had to stand up in the back 'row' which didn't have any actual seats. My theory is that they cocked up the duplicates (and there were lots today by all accounts) and ended up assigning some seats twice. That was certainly the case with ours as there were two people with *exactly* the same seat number on their ticket.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The problem always exists when numbered seated tickets become sit where you want, as soon as a few people do that of course its pretty much impossible to rectify it.

Don't get me wrong i am all for sit where you like, my wife is only 5ft tall and if we get seats right in the middle towards the back of a stand, there not much use to us as she ends up not being able to see, so we will move to the side a bit, but I have seen it where some people will insist on there allocated seats, and arguments start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here