[Albion] What was it today?

Point gained or two dropped?

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
FFS - I don't have many jobs round here, but this is one of them!

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 18.22.37.png

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Definitely 2 dropped. We restricted them to zero shots in the first half compared to our 10. A few Welbz half chances that could have gone in with a bit of luck and how many headers into Twatfords hands? 3-4-5?

Lost our way with the subs and WBG compounded it on 80 mins, happy to get drawer in the end but should have had it wrapped up by HT imo

theboybilly

Let's be fair here, Everton were full value for the draw. Dyche knows how to grind out a result and Albion are always vulnerable to a sucker-punch. Pickford was, apoplectic towards his defenders for the equaliser and I don't blame him. That said both teams deserved something and on the day I can't really think of a reason why the Albion deserved to win. But we should have and would have 99/100 so two points lost.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s not as simple as that… Given the play in the game we should have won comfortably. Given we were 1 down with 10 men and equalised in stoppage time it’s a good point. I don’t like these polls as they’re not clear as to how you’re answering…

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Let's be fair here, Everton were full value for the draw. Dyche knows how to grind out a result and Albion are always vulnerable to a sucker-punch. Pickford was, apoplectic towards his defenders for the equaliser and I don't blame him. That said both teams deserved something and on the day I can't really think of a reason why the Albion deserved to win. But we should have and would have 99/100 so two points lost.
Let's not...the blokes an annoying knob:mad:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1 gained or 2 dropped?
Sorry for stealing your thunder @Bozza

For me, felt like a 0-0. Neither team did enough to win.

Despite the late equaliser, a draw probably a fair result
Because of the late equalizer, Shirley?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s not as simple as that… Given the play in the game we should have won comfortably. Given we were 1 down with 10 men and equalised in stoppage time it’s a good point. I don’t like these polls as they’re not clear as to how you’re answering
I don't like them because they are stupid. It is always both.

"What does it feel like?" would be a question. However, I don't really care to discuss what it feels like for others. It feels like what it feels like. Reminds me of that Monty Python sketch with the curious Eric Idle badgering Cleese. Say no more. A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat..... What's it like?

I'm not very good at this sort of thing :shrug:

:lolol:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Would have been disappointed with a draw to start with but relieved at the end. We were the better side with 10 and 11 tbh and they are a horrible turgid team to watch with a few pretty patterns in their own half.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'd have been satisfied with a point before kick off.

Dyche sets his teams up like he's managing a lower league team in the FA Cup, I kind of respected that approach at Burnley with the players he had at his disposal but with an expensively assembled squad with some real talent it feels like such a waste, if you asked AI to create the opersite of us it would give you Everton, I almost feel sorry for their fans.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I was relieved it ended 1-1. We could easily have lost that. In fact I was resigned to losing when WBG went off.

Just as we lost to a gut-punch late goal to Spurs, Everton players at the end were gutted and thought they had done enough to win.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s not as simple as that… Given the play in the game we should have won comfortably. Given we were 1 down with 10 men and equalised in stoppage time it’s a good point. I don’t like these polls as they’re not clear as to how you’re answering…
Given we were playing a Dyche team at the Amex, a draw is an achievement.

On a side note, I had a tap in on the Dyche Ass after the game but turned it down. I’m now riddled with guilt about what could have been!

IMG_4205.jpeg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd have been satisfied with a point before kick off.

Dyche sets his teams up like he's managing a lower league team in the FA Cup, I kind of respected that approach at Burnley with the players he had at his disposal but with an expensively assembled squad with some real talent it feels like such a waste,

Genuine question: who do you think is classed as "real talent" in that Everton squad?

I believe Branthwaite has had a good season, Onana has previously been linked to Arsenal, but other than that? This is not meant to be disparaging (though they deserve it to be), but which Everton players would you have in our first XI, if everyone was fit? I honestly think they've got even less talent in their squad than Palace. At least Palace have a few players who are coveted by other clubs in Olise, Guehi and Eze. I can't see clubs queuing up for Everton's players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Checking the shipment of
Given we were playing a Dyche team at the Amex, a draw is an achievement.

On a side note, I had a tap in on the Dyche Ass after the game but turned it down. I’m now riddled with guilt about what could have been!

View attachment 177225

Testing the shipment of anabolic steroids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here