• Charlton away

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Peterboro away

Votes: 75 78.1%

• Total voters

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
I didn't go to the Charlton game which must've been amazing but i went yesterday and without a shadow of a doubt was easily the best away day i've experienced!

What game for you was better?

:albion1:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Peterborough, by a mile for me. Better pubs, better performance and a terrace. It does not get better than yesterday.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
P'boro by a mile.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
What was better? Charlton or Peterboro?

Hmm.. Only one way to find out........

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Went to both, and agree, yesterday was best. Although Charlton was possibly the less expected result.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
i just liked the goals all up our end at Charlton, LuaLua's cameo, and a surprise result against 11 men.

yesterday was still absolutely amazing though. two best away games i can remember and they've been in succession!!!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Peterborough for me, because having to stand for both games I was able to see the match, being able to move around to ensure I could.
The problem with standing in seated areas for a small guy like me, is that you get a couple of six footers in front of you and you are stuck with a very limited view. But I think the teams performance was better at Charlton.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Charlton was great at the time, but for reasons I can't quite put my finger on, yesterday was better.

Peterborough were bigging this game up beforehand, with all Gary Johnson's talk of Blue & White days, and various players of theirs being quoted as saying they felt we were very beatable. They are also amongst the favourites for promotion, having already been at the top themselves, and they rarely fail to score goals, with Mackail-Smith on 11 and McLean on 8 already.

It was the way we completely controlled the game from start to finish, how we not only passed it around with the usual panache and confidence, but how hard all the midfielders worked on the rare occasions when Peterborough managed to get the ball. Bridcutt, Bennett, Kishishev and Dicker won so many tackles it started to look like the home side had completely lost all will to compete.

Our defence played brilliantly, to the extent that McLean was subbed and Boyd got himself sent off, the midfield were perfect as above, and the strikers both had great games. How much does it say that we didn't even feel like giving Lua Lua a run out?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The other reason yesterday was better is because any team can have a day like Charlton when everything comes off. Look at Hereford, they won 5-0 away yesterday.

Why Peterborough does it for me is because it proves very much that we're not a flash in the pan, and that we have the class, not just the form, to go further.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Peterborough was miles better as the idiot fan brigade were not in attendance

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Peterborough was miles better as the idiot fan brigade were not in attendance

Funny you should mention that. I was saying to my newbie friend that I took up there, "I wonder what happened to all of the knuckle dragging Neanderthals that were at Charlton." The nature of the crowd was completely different and altogether more friendly. WW definitely had a point there.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The Peterboro performance was as far above Charlton as that was above any other away performance this season. Forget SCC, Hudds, Colchester or Sheff W, we're the team to beat this season. Any team that finishes above us will be promoted.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Yesterday was just amazing. For me it was better because there just did not seem anytime to take stock of what was happenning. It was just an absolute mauling of the highest degree.

The atmosphere was awesome and the players again gave huge performances. No matter how well we do it is just very refreshging to have a team of players who are putting in a shift everytime they are on the pitch and the fans are always going to back a team with that attitude and application.

i love it right now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here