Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What time did you get home from Wembley yesterday ?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I'm still on my way home. Having a quiet beer at Grantham station. One son, who drove to the game, dropped me off to crash at the other son's. Cooked brekkie, and then a train journey to Skegness. Missed connection at Grantham. Should be home about 16:00.

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
22:45 near Maidstone - got the 21:40 from London Bridge, missed the 20:40 by a couple of minutes stuck in the queue to Wembley Park

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just after 10 after leaving just after 8. Parked by the Green Man, got stuck in a bit of traffic, some road kill apparently on the A40 but pretty straightforward to be honest but it is a shit drive.

Sep 29, 2017
Portslade
Clapped players off, avoided the fisticuffs on the way to Wembley Central. Overground to Euston, Northern Line to London Bridge. Managed to get the 9.06 Thameslink to Brighton. Fast pace walk to Churchill Square for a 1/1a only to be told that buses were diverted. Legged it back over to the other side of imperial arcade to get bus with a minute to spare. In the door at 11.15 in Mile Oak.
I feel for the people who had kids with them

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My son, who left quite sharpish after United pen - and sat next to me was at home in Norwich via tube to Liverpool St/train to East Anglia - half hour before i made it back to Chailey via Victoria after lengthy waits up Wembley Way and then on Platform 15-19 at Victoria waiting for train to HHeath.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Got back to Brighton station around 11. Left as soon as Lindelof's penalty hit the back of the net but had to wait a few minutes for friends from another block and ended up near the back of the queue down Wembley Way. We were lucky to get seats on the delayed 21:32 out of Victoria.

What I don't understand is why Southern were shortening the services like it was a regular Sunday night. The 21:32 came into Victoria as a twelve-coach train but was reduced to eight. The 22:02 was going to be four coaches. The staff at Victoria Station were expecting extra passengers (or maybe just reacted to the situation?) because they were doing crowd control to limit the number of people on the platforms, so why couldn't Southern plan to keep twelve-coach trains running a bit later to clear the queues? I really felt for those standing all the way home, and those hoping to get on our train at Clapham, Croydon and Gatwick — they had no chance.

(Disclaimer: I know nothing about the logistics of making sure rolling stock is in the right place for the following day's service. Maybe it's as difficult to make ad hoc changes to run longer trains on an existing timetable as it is to run extra services. But it seems like a potential easy win to me.)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Clapped the players off, stroll to Wembley Central, got lucky when changing at Willesden Junction as Richmond Overground was waiting on platform.
Back to car, fortunately the rain stopped after 10 minutes on the drive home to the coast.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You must have been on the same train as me.
Absolutely packed, and very hot. Had to stand all the way to Lewes.
I was so relieved to get back to Polegate and get some fresh air.
I was very lucky as I got a seat. One of my sons didn't and he ended up feeling faint. The heat was pretty unbearable and seemingly no ventilation except for briefly at stops. Only got better after Lewes.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Back in Brighton at 10.20 on the train from London Bridge. Nice and quiet full of reflective snd surprisingly upbeat albion supporters. Was shoving macdonalds in my gob on the bus like a classy legend by 10.30 and home just before 11

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Felt really sorry for the innocent kids and parents caught up in the transport shitshow. It was heartbreaking. Little kid behind me was a little bit anxious before the game and asked his dad how they'd get back to Worthing from Brighton. Oh, we'll get the bus from Brighton station says dad :down:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Back to Portslade at about half ten I think. We were on a hired driveway in Harrow which was only about 10-15 mins walk from the stadium, ideal.

It took an age to get through the Harrow gridlock after the game though, must've taken about an hour just to get back to the M25. But thankfully it was a pretty clear run from there, for once the M25 wasn't being naughty.

What else do you expect though, when 81,000 people are all leaving at the same time on a Sunday evening. It is what it is, as someone once said.

RioGrandeGull

Jan 9, 2013
Isle of Wight
Back on the IOW today, no chance getting back the same day, so stopped overnight at a hotel.
Watched the fiasco at Victoria with the 21.37 to Bognor. Got let on with 2 minutes to spare.
Security guy was ranting that we’d have to get the next one…..an hour later!,

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Got the 8.47 from Victoria. Absolutely rammed and as hot as an oven. Arrived back in Polegate about 10.35 as the train went about 1 mile an hour. The journey was horrible standing for nearly 2 hours and so hot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here