Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the hell is wrong with me?

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Living now in Amsterdam I often think fondly back to my formative years on the lovely coast of Sussex.
Sometimes I remember my first love, she never was a real beauty and to be fair the years since have not been kind to her but she will always have a place in my heart. However, given the choice between returning home to see her again or having a date in the Dam with a racy blond Dutch girl then to me it's a no brainer, I'll be slipping into my best clogs, jumping on my bike and going local. Why? because I consider myself a rational intelligent man who has realised life moves onwards and upwards.

(Please bear with me).

Now there is this Great Football team within a short Metro ride of where I live that plays sexy football to packed houses in a fantastic state of the art world class stadium. So of course being the rational intelligent man that I am, I support them and regularly go and see them.

But no, infact I have no interest whatsoever in this new temptress. All because once upon a time my Grandad took this 8 year old boy to a decaying old stadium in Hove to watch some strange team playing in Blue and White stripes. I now find myself having flown over, paid £25! for a ticket and am weirdly looking forward to seeing 3rd tier English football and probably getting a good soaking for my troubles.

So where the hell is my brain? (Albion you are indeed a cruel mistress).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
come home Hansh

:p :p :p :p

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Ajax are wank anyway. PSV are where it's at mate. :clap:

But I know exactly what you mean. In 17 years of having them just down the road I've paid to go and watch them precisely once, because I don't really have any interest. And that once was only to go and shout abuse at Bobby Robson...

Give me a clapped out old third division kickabout by the real love of my life any day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here