Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "What the hell have we signed Duffy for?"

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As Iggle Piggle mentions, Murray has helped with defending set pieces too. And it's led me to wonder, have we conceded any headed goals from set-pieces this season?

Preston's second

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
although in my defense, I think Dunk himself has improved in the last 12 months.
I'm not sure his potential has improved, I think he'd already shown signs he would improve. Not that I thought the reported offers from Fulham weren't fair, I didn't know better.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just an of the wall thought - could Duffy have been bought in case Dunk is enticed away in the transfer window. I hope not!
Which transfer window? If we're challenging for top two, I can't see Bloom letting anyone go in January (possibly Stephens if we have a good replacement lined up).

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My hands are up. I was one that questioned the signing of a player who, at the time, had been booked a couple of times, sent off & gone on strike. My mind has been changed. How could I ever question our recruitment team?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Guilty as charged but he has come on leaps and bounds quite literally!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Which transfer window? If we're challenging for top two, I can't see Bloom letting anyone go in January (possibly Stephens if we have a good replacement lined up).

The Stephens issue I would imagine would be very different in January.

Any Premiership club after him would potentially be fighting relegation and we could potentially be chasing a Premier League place. I wonder if Stephens view on that might alter. I mean. Potentially only 5 months of games in a relegation fight as opposed to 5 months of games pushing for Promotion and then potentially at least a full season in the Premiership with Brighton. I don't say it will alter his thinking from what he thought in August but it could well do

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I hope Goldson doesn't get frustrated, as he was a stand out player last season. A new contract will hopefully put off a few bids for him in January.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't help thinking that just as importantly as who we might or might not sign in Jan. Its that we don't loose any of our stars, Knocky, Dale, Dunk Etc.
Don't worry, we won't lose anyone in January.

Other than loans out for Elvis, Ince and possibly Towell and LuaLua.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO Dunk will be sold (perhaps a clause in his contract ) into the Prem,this summer if we fail. We then have Duffy and Goldson to come in ,i can only believe that's why Goldson was happy to sign a contract extension.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Preston's second

That was a headed goal from open play, not from a set piece. The early goal we conceded against Reading was from a set piece, but went in directly. Still, wondering if we've conceded a headed goal from a set piece. If not, that's some doing, 15 games into the season, particularly considering it was the way to get at us last season.*

* According to Dyche.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
At 24 Dunk and Duffy have their best years ahead of them. Both premier league centre halves and lucky to have them both

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunk will be playing Premier League football next season. Here's hoping it's with us.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
I hope Goldson doesn't get frustrated, as he was a stand out player last season. A new contract will hopefully put off a few bids for him in January.

He patiently waited while Greer and Dunky were at their apex of their performances, and when Greer in particular went out of form, Goldson took his chance. I don't wanna see something similar happen to Duffy or Dunk, of course, but I think Goldson will patiently wait for his chance, and then take it when it matters

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
He patiently waited while Greer and Dunky were at their apex of their performances, and when Greer in particular went out of form, Goldson took his chance. I don't wanna see something similar happen to Duffy or Dunk, of course, but I think Goldson will patiently wait for his chance, and then take it when it matters
How old is Goldson? I assume younger than Dunk and Duffy, so still with many many years of top class football ahead. He can afford to be patient and seems mature enough to know that. I think we have the best Centre Back pairing in the championship, but what is even better is that we could lose them both and still have one of the best.
Duffy is awesome - I don't think I have seen him lose a 50:50 in the last few games I have seen him play (I wasn't at Wigan).

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
How old is Goldson? I assume younger than Dunk and Duffy, so still with many many years of top class football ahead. He can afford to be patient and seems mature enough to know that. I think we have the best Centre Back pairing in the championship, but what is even better is that we could lose them both and still have one of the best.
Duffy is awesome - I don't think I have seen him lose a 50:50 in the last few games I have seen him play (I wasn't at Wigan).

Goldson turns 24 in December.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What worries me and still does is only having 3 strikers at the club. We have been lucky so far with injuries and suspensions. This really needs addressing in Jan. Can't afford to take another 20 or so games gamble on just 3

Injury list of March, Rosenior, Kayal is still significant though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here