Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what strikers should we try and sign for next season

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'm not sure what type of striker we need, I think we need to adapt to CMS rather than look to sign someone else. But Gus isn't going to do it, clearly.

I think he really values a striker who can read the game super fast, I've heard him talk about this in other positions. Kevin Philips would have been perfect. Kevin Davis would be immense but unrealistic for me. Interested to hear what people think of Charlie Austin haven't seen much of him?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Harry Kane looked good for Milwall against us and scored the winner for them against Pompey tonight. He is on loan to them from Spurs. 6ft plus striker with good movement - could be just what we need.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think he really values a striker who can read the game super fast, I've heard him talk about this in other positions. Kevin Philips would have been perfect. Kevin Davis would be immense but unrealistic for me. Interested to hear what people think of Charlie Austin haven't seen much of him?

I never thought I would be saying it, but I would love Kevin Davies here. :lolol:

I've seen quite a bit of Charlie Austin, and I think he would do quite well here. He is deceptively tall, and he is deceptively quick aswell. Plus he's a finisher. I think he's the type we should be looking at, but he wouldn't be cheap and others like him wouldn't be, either. Simon Cox is a very good shout, but I think he'd need to play alongside someone, rather than on his own. Luciano Becchio would be a real handful for us aswell, if he was available.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Can't remember his name but the Forest striker who is out of contract in the summer. Mcleary?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm not sure that I'd trust Gus to buy the right striker.
I think you're going to have to.

After tonight I think I've come over to selling CMS, if we can get our money back, take it. :(

Mason from Cardiff would be good but difficult to get. Ditto Emnes from Boro.

We genuinely need a Glenn Murray type player.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Jordan Rhodes - bit like CMS with a lot of goals in League 1 - whether he would join us over a Premier League club and/or whether he does a "CMS" would be a risk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here