Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What songs do I teach my son?

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I will be taking my son to the Amex for the first time on 14 Feb for the Millwall game, we shall be seated in the Lower West Stand. What songs do I need to teach him to become an integrated Seagull?

"We're the West Stand, we're the West Stand, we're the West Stand Brighton Boys!"

Yep, got that one!

"If you hate Palace stand up". Yep, got that one, too, along with the actions!

"Seagulls!"

Al - bee - on!" etc That one too!

Anything else I need for a first time Amex attendee?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
We're blooming brilliant, we're blooming brilliant

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
whoever needed teaching any songs for the football? just listen, learn and repeat.
I must say I think the songs we mostly sing are pretty crappy, so many good old ones seem to have been lost.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
whoever needed teaching any songs for the football? just listen, learn and repeat.
I must say I think the songs we mostly sing are pretty crappy, so many good old ones seem to have been lost.
Which is how we've ended up with a 5 year old that signs:-

'sit down shut up'

at the drop of a hat!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
You cant go wrong with Sussex-By-The-Sea, my 5 year old loves it, at games and at home.

She also loves driving down Old Shoreham Road so she can sing "going down old Shoreham Road......to see the Brighton Aces"

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I will be taking my son to the Amex for the first time on 14 Feb for the Millwall game, we shall be seated in the Lower West Stand. What songs do I need to teach him to become an integrated Seagull?

"We're the West Stand, we're the West Stand, we're the West Stand Brighton Boys!"

Yep, got that one!

"Seagulls!"

Think that will do nicely for a start!! I'll be in WSL with my little girl and I'm sure she will be singing away too!!! Let's hope the ref is decent as at the Burnley game I had the very embarrassing question asked 'Mummy, what's a wanker?' I in true good mummy style ignored her and watched the game - feeling a little hand tap my arm - she was not going to give up!!! 'Mummy, mummy, what's a wanker?'

So then I had to explain that wanker is not a word that we would normally use in everyday language, however, the majority of the crowd deem it fit to use it and it's probably justified on certain occasions but not for a 7 year old -!!!! That seemed to pacify her for the rest of the game! She came home and greeted my husband with the words 'hi daddy, it was noisy at the footie today and guess what? Mummy and I saw a real proper wanker'!!! Oh my days!!!!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
We're blooming brilliant, we're blooming brilliant

:facepalm:

i HATE it when people take OLD songs and change the words.....
I have made it clear to my son that the words are "We're f***ing brilliant"...

He'll get a thick ear if I hear him singing your new fangled bastardisation.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Yep, got that one!

"Seagulls!"

As well as those our kids like
"We are Brighton, Super Brighton"
The hey jude one
Great escape theme
The Adam El Abd song

However they LOVE "Sit down shut up" and "You don't know what you're doing"

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Think that will do nicely for a start!! I'll be in WSL with my little girl and I'm sure she will be singing away too!!! Let's hope the ref is decent as at the Burnley game I had the very embarrassing question asked 'Mummy, what's a wanker?' I in true good mummy style ignored her and watched the game - feeling a little hand tap my arm - she was not going to give up!!! 'Mummy, mummy, what's a wanker?'

So then I had to explain that wanker is not a word that we would normally use in everyday language, however, the majority of the crowd deem it fit to use it and it's probably justified on certain occasions but not for a 7 year old -!!!! That seemed to pacify her for the rest of the game! She came home and greeted my husband with the words 'hi daddy, it was noisy at the footie today and guess what? Mummy and I saw a real proper wanker'!!! Oh my days!!!!

Should have said its something daddy does when mummy isn't in.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Teach him them all, it's part of growing up a football fan, a proper fan that actually goes to matches, rather than all the pretend football fans that only ever watch a match on the TV?
I stood on the north terrace at the Goldstone from the age of five and it didn't do me any harm, besides kids are allowed to swear at a football match aren't they, just as long as they don't go home and call their mother a wanker ! What goes on at football stays at football !

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
Brighton March. G x 4. A x 4. (chords) We're on our way and we're seeking our revenge, dead man's footsteps ...... Good Luck.

D

Deleted member 2719

You cant go wrong with Sussex-By-The-Sea, my 5 year old loves it, at games and at home.

She also loves driving down Old Shoreham Road so she can sing "going down old Shoreham Road......to see the Brighton Aces"

Yep i would agree with Sussex-By-The-Sea my 5year old lad has been singing it ever since his first Amex game (Burnley).......mind you he has also been singing the referees a w....................ally!

DanielT

my 4 and 5 year olds love singing sussex by the sea. they know the chorus and the opening line. funniest thing was my oldest used to sing sausage by the sea. i almost didn't want to correct him as it was so cute

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Teach him them all, it's part of growing up a football fan, a proper fan that actually goes to matches, rather than all the pretend football fans that only ever watch a match on the TV?
I stood on the north terrace at the Goldstone from the age of five and it didn't do me any harm, besides kids are allowed to swear at a football match aren't they, just as long as they don't go home and call their mother a wanker ! What goes on at football stays at football !

This. Thats what i told my boy, what happens at footy stays at footy...

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011

Yep, got that one!

"Seagulls!"

I'm sure someones still got one of your song sheets from the start of the season

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
like many palace fans on here,deluded.:rock:read the thread,he is taking his 5 year old son for the first time,its a simple question,why dont you run along to your 50 ultras and get on that megaphone and drum and pretend to make a atmosphere.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
:facepalm:

i HATE it when people take OLD songs and change the words.....
I have made it clear to my son that the words are "We're f***ing brilliant"...

He'll get a thick ear if I hear him singing your new fangled bastardisation.
:lolol:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
if you don't like their keeper you can always do 'do-dgy keeper, do-dgy keeper' instead of 'you're SHIT ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here