Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What small changes would you make at the Amex ?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Wi fi and a smoking area please- and no chance I know but a KFC or mcDs next to the ground.
3 completely duff ideas out of 4, but I go along with the wi-fi suggestion, or at least boosted mobile data reception.

Definitely letting fans out at half-time for a fag- they do it at Reading, Coventry, Barnsley and Leicester to name but a few (well, certainly for away fans, not sure whether they do for home fans) Would be nice if we could sort something out though.

Give all smokers free NHS cessation packs so the rest of us don't have to put up with the disgusting habit.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Oxygen supply on the WSU stairs,or a lift for bona fide strugglers.

Annoyingly there is a lift already, but the ground floor level is only accessable through the Stadium reception / 1901 entrances after having gone up the external stairs. The lift doesn't go down all the way to the North WSU entrance.

However I do agree that certain people should be given special passes to use this on match days if required, even if it means they don't go through the official turnstiles.

On the subject of toilets, I know the club are trying to be all green and that but can they please use disinfectant toilet blocks in the urinals and flush them more often. The smell can get a little pungent at times.

And will someone sort the drains out at Falmer station, that really can be humming when they start to back up.

Kendo3

Jul 26, 2004
Uckfield
Increasing shelf space would be great, but can't think how they can do it unless they use the pitch side walls? I always find the ketchup dispensers quite awkward too, why not attach them to the pillars? there's enough of them and they are closer to the kitchens

But all I can think of other than that, chips!

People are assuming you can only have one shelf level per wall, what could be done is have say 3 shelves at different heights on the existing walls giving you 3 times the shelf space with no extra walls - Solved.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
On the subject of toilets, as we sell so many pie and beer combos, there is a need for a light bulb in the gent's cubicles so gents can see where they are aiming. Its really dark and one needs a clear sight of the line of fire(Obviously not so much of an issue if you are sitting down but...........................

do they have lights in the ladies cubicles?????

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I'd make the 1901 seats a little further back from the rest of the seats so I don't disturb the real supporters with my talk of the PL half time scores... ???

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Originally Posted by pwlr1966
The ability to buy a match day program at the food outlets.

Why? How would this benefit?
It would help because I use the cashless system at matches & have to Q in the shop for a program and then have to Q for food or a drink when I could get what I want in one transaction.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
People are assuming you can only have one shelf level per wall, what could be done is have say 3 shelves at different heights on the existing walls giving you 3 times the shelf space with no extra walls - Solved.

Good idea.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
More seats in dicks bar, putting loads of sofas/benches around the perimeter would be perfect

Also have guys going around concourse with a keg in their back serving pints, I've seen them at gigs and they work great

Also sort the lights out in the north stand as they reflect off the TVs

RedSteve65

Apr 3, 2011
Catering stands outside the ground. My son an I are season ticket holders in the North Stand but if my wife & daughter attend they normally get tickets in the West stand. Would be nice to eat with them outside the ground before watching the match.

stimpy

Apr 28, 2012
Lancing
* more refeshments kiosks OR more staff working in the current ones
* more gents toilets on match days
* something outside the ground where fans could gather before the game, match day bar etc

Apart from that I think it is a great home for the Albion :bhasign: and I have really enjoyed the first season at The Amex

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I'd like them to do something about no children being allowed in Dick's bar on match days.

Ok, I've bought into the argument that some adults don't want other people's children there, or even their own, for the reasons given on many previous threads, and I can fully understand that, being both a parent of a young STH and, myself, a chap that likes the ale.

I've been in Dick's bar, and didn't see what all the fuss was about on a personal note.

However, there is the mossaic there and some stunning artwork, which I really do think the children should be able see, on match days, instead of making a special trip.

So maybe some sort of pre applied for tickets specific to a game, to limit the numbers to maybe 10/15 or so children at any one time, similar to the Amex tour concept.

Once they've seen it, they've seen it.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
More seats in dicks bar, putting loads of sofas/benches around the perimeter would be perfect

Also have guys going around concourse with a keg in their back serving pints, I've seen them at gigs and they work great

Also sort the lights out in the north stand as they reflect off the TVs
Good shout

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here