Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What score on Tuesday will make up for the 5-0?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Reading some of the threads on here this week I'd forgotten some of the details from Oct 2002, ie just how long your losing run had gone on before Selhurst. Basically, if we couldn't thrash you then when could we.

What result on Tuesday would redress the balance and give you equal bragging rights (for a month at least!)?

I reckon about 2-0 to BHA with a seriously good performance. Palace are quite likely to play averagely at the moment so it could be your time. Hope not.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think even a 1-0 win would give us bragging rights.

After all you are an ex premiership team (therefore on paper better) and this is our 'cup final' apparantly.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Any win for Brighton, even if it's one nil thanks to an own goal.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I just hope we win so I can all sing - "You can shove your 5-nil up your arse"

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd be happy with a draw, although any result where the team shows some backbone and passion will be an improvement on last time. :nono:

For bragging rights I'd say a 2 goal Albion win...

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
n1 gull said:
I just hope we win so I can all sing - "You can shove your 5-nil up your arse"

I hope I can all sing (sic) "7-0 and you can't go home".

It actually annoys me that you got away with 5-0 last time. We had SO many chances to score more. Being greedy I suppose.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Silent Bob said:
I'd be happy with a draw, although any result where the team shows some backbone and passion will be an improvement on last time. :nono:

For bragging rights I'd say a 2 goal Albion win...
Agree entirely. After last time even a 0-0 draw will feel like a victory.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
1-0. After you lot have banged on for so long about how much bigger you are and how much better etc etc etc, surely anything other than at least another 5-0 win against a team of kids and cast-offs who play in a poxy athletics ground is a bad result for you?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Brovian said:
1-0. After you lot have banged on for so long about how much bigger you are and how much better etc etc etc, surely anything other than at least another 5-0 win against a team of kids and cast-offs who play in a poxy athletics ground is a bad result for you?

Rubbish.

Older Palace fans will never claim we are bigger than you, we can remember the gates at the GG around 1979-1981 and know the potential of BHA given a decent ground.

We HAVE consistently outperformed you since 1989, a fair while before you lost the GG. Obviously since you lost the ground it hasn't been an even playing field.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I'm looking forward to variations on:

Malcolm Allison, Steve Kember, Ian Wright, Geoff Thomas, Terry Venables, Andy Johnson, Brighton Rock - your boys took a HELL of a beating

which will, of course, still be valid even if we win with a 90th minute goal deflected in off Kerry Mayo's COCK

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Like Hiney, I will settle for a 90th minute flukey as hell winner, that will do for sweet revenge.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
paulie said:
Rubbish.

Older Palace fans will never claim we are bigger than you, we can remember the gates at the GG around 1979-1981 and know the potential of BHA given a decent ground.

We HAVE consistently outperformed you since 1989, a fair while before you lost the GG. Obviously since you lost the ground it hasn't been an even playing field.
Bloody hell don't you READ what your other fans have posted (both here and on other sites)? It's all "we're a bigger club than you, we've been in the Prem, etc"

Yes potentially we could be a lot bigger than you lot - but we're not. You are currently a bigger club with more resources and possibly at the moment a marginally better side. Still, it's nice to see you're mentally preparing yourself for the inevitable (Falmer permitting) change in our relative states.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Brovian said:
Bloody hell don't you READ what your other fans have posted (both here and on other sites)? It's all "we're a bigger club than you, we've been in the Prem, etc"

Yes potentially we could be a lot bigger than you lot - but we're not. You are currently a bigger club with more resources and possibly at the moment a marginally better side. Still, it's nice to see you're mentally preparing yourself for the inevitable (Falmer permitting) change in our relative states.

Sounds like you are making your EXCUSES already.

Getting Falmer will be good for you, but not necessarily mean you suddenly become huge. It will need to be funded and how many will you average? 15,000-17,000? About the same as us.

Chez - because it was the last time you played at Selhurst. Although played should be interpreted in the widest sense of the word.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Anything less than a 5-0 Palarse win and i'll expect to see a queue of red and blue stripes at Beachy Head...........:lolol:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
paulie said:
Rubbish.

But you cant go on the past when it comes to attendances paulie. In 1979-80 Palace averaged 36,000 that season we wouldnt average that now. Just because brighton got a few 25,000 plus crowds then doent mean they would get them now does it? Ever since i have been going Palace's fan base has been huge but like most football fans only turn up in force when the team is doing well. Brighton have always had a steady core support but with all their years in the wilderness a lot of local young football fans follow the big clubs now and a generation of support has been lost to Brighton i fear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here