Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What really GRINDS YOUR GEARS?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
People in Churchill Sq car park that try to reverse park and fail multiple times in a space that blocks the traffic flow upwards

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
- People who stop at the top or bottom of an escalator.
- People who don't queue or think it's somehow beneath them - yes kids, you lot who think you can rock up and get on a bus before the entire queue who was there first
- People who try and get on a tube before the passengers have disembarked

Being a Brighton -> London commuter I heartily agree with all of those.

Near empty Gatwick Express trains sailing past Clapham Junction occupying line capacity and making everyone else late

But being a Brighton -> London commuter that goes to Victoria, I LOVE the fact we don't stop at Clapham or East Croydon :)

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
[QUOTE/]
But being a Brighton -> London commuter that goes to Victoria, I LOVE the fact we don't stop at Clapham or East Croydon :)[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong - I don't have a problem if the trains are well occuppied -I can see the sense in non-stop trains - its the ones that are 90% empty!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Done instead of Did.

Alan Shearer is one of the most high profile cases of using done instead of did, drives me mad that he is making so much money from the publicly funded BBC, that he can't learn himself better.

Tell me that was deliberate :) please

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Allow me to demonstrate:

Hello,
I'm currently out of the office on a golfing trip with my very professional, grown-up, rich friends.

Kind Regards,
Thomas

------------------------------

Hello,
I'm currently out of the office doing playtime with my people wot is in my skool.

Derrr,
Tom

------------------------------

Sorry, didn't realise the font you use could have that sort of effect on your spelling!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Public Servants who take a monthly wage, make unforgivable mistakes, do not get sacked or have back pay docked but who simply insist that they will 'learn from their mistakes'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Public Servants who take a monthly wage, make unforgivable mistakes, do not get sacked or have back pay docked but who simply insist that they will 'learn from their mistakes'

or get sacked, but then use the full array of employment laws to win many £100k's in compensation (taxpayers money), because their employers didn't follow disciplinary procedures to the letter.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Private sector CEOs getting yet another enormous Golden Goodbye for being absolutely shithouse at their job.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Over keen waiters who have to check on you every 5 mins.

Cafés that seem to have no thought out consistent service plan. Where is the cutlery? Maybe they'll bring it with the food, maybe the on a side board somewhere, nope there it is by the door, nope that just a vase of numbered wooden spoons, where would they keep the menus? That table has got a wine list and a spoon, that other one only has some ketchup. Oh, here comes the waiter now with a menu, thanks can I please have the.. You must order at the counter, oh okay, seemed like table service, thanks. Go to pay at counter, no order now pay at the end right, you know what forget it. You spend more time wandering around the rustic bean sacks and stripped wooden side boards on some cutlery treasure hunt than you do eating the bloody food.

People who write 500 words or more without a single paragraph or line break, thereby rendering their article hard to read ...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
People who drive in the outside lane on a motorway at 80mph and then get upset when I'm up their arse, flashing my lights, as I want to drive to my cars capabilities @ a cool 140mph. Don't you understand how utterly exasperating it is for me and my fellow BMW drivers to have to deal with you law abiding a r s e h o l e s?!? I need to shave an average of 3 mins off my journey, just to prove how enormously massive my appendage actually is... This is very important and naturally I never, ever get done for driving at such a speed. I'm above the law, beyond the pale and yes an utter, utter t w a t.

#pimpmyBMW'scock.com

Kosh

I enjoyed that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here