Dirty Bird (US bird info)
Room 106 (Town planning)

Radio:
More or less
Great Lives
Don Letts
In our time
Craig Charles
As a town planner, I wasn't aware of the Room 106 pod. Will I find it interesting as a professional or is it a bit of a busman's holiday?

I've listened to a few other Built Environment themed podcast but find they often lean in heavily to the architect's perspective and stay quite airy-fairy.

boik

Proper podcasts:

Fulhamish
Spit (surfing)
Surf Splendor (sic)
Adam Buxton
The Rest is History
The Cycling Podcast
Dirty Bird (US bird info)
Room 106 (Town planning)

Radio:
More or less
Great Lives
Don Letts
In our time
Craig Charles
More or Less should be compulsory listening for anyone that votes. Teaches you to question the statistics that are regularly trotted out by all sides. Also very informative on non political statistics too.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
As a town planner, I wasn't aware of the Room 106 pod. Will I find it interesting as a professional or is it a bit of a busman's holiday?

I've listened to a few other Built Environment themed podcast but find they often lean in heavily to the architect's perspective and stay quite airy-fairy.
Congratulations on coming out as a (fellow) town planner! Room 106 is done by the journos from Planning Resource website (ex Planning magazine) and its useful for summarising and analysing the constant changes in the planning system. Planning Law (with Chickens) is useful for planning law and 50 Shades of Planning is usually good as well, but I wasn't going to put them in my NSC list for fear of ridicule.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Albion unlimited
Chatterbix
Wolf and Owl
Crouch

Was listening to Down the Dog (John Richardson and Matt Forde) but it’s been paused since October as believe MF had to have a procedure of some kind, hope he’s alright and it comes back as was decent

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh God, What Now
What the Fxxk is Going On
The Rest is Politics
News Agents
The Rest is History
No Stupid Questions
Origin Story
Athletico Mince
Behind the Bastards

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Frank Skinner podcast.
Especially if Pierre Nouvelle is on it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Rest Is Entertainment is a good new one

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Chatabix
Off Menu
Athletico Mince / Boiled Parsnips
Taskmaster (after watching the TV episodes)
Reasons to Be Cheerful

Just started the Joe Wilkinson / Patrick Bamford one and it's funny

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Anyone checked out Game of No Halves, the crazy new footy-related podcast with Bob Harris and his son?

Basically, 'Whispering' Bob has been playing a fantasy footy league in his head for the past 40 years by kicking sponge balls off his furniture around his house. He has transfers, tactics, star players/bits of furniture and all sorts.

It all makes for a rather whacky but also heartwarming pod with Bob and his son although I'm not sure where it's going beyond the first episode.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bouncing this thread because I've just started listening to the Joe Wilkinson podcast My Mate's a Footballer. Where he is trying to convince Patrick Bamford to become his friend. It's a decent listen, Pat Bamford comes across really well, articulate and doesn't fall foul to a lot of footballer cliches. Some good insights into life as a footballer, transfer system, roles of the agent, how a new manager coming in effects everyone. Although they do keep going off on tangents and not really talking about the subject they set out to.

We even get the briefest of mentions in Episode 2 (and it is the briefest of mentions).
Thanks - I’ll try this as love Wilkinson

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Alexei Sayle, Strangers on a train.
Alan Partridge, from the Oasthouse
I heard Strangers on a Train on R4 for the first time yesterday. Utterly joyful. Will check the rest out. Sayle is something else.
Beyond that current favourites are:
Guardian Football Weekly
Past, Present, Future (which isn't quite as good as its predecessor, Talking Politics, and its archive is well worth exploring)
Ones and Tooze

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's become a bit self-congratulatory now.
It used to be quite an interesting insight into professional football.
they now spend most their time talking about "the pod" and making a big deal over their own catchphrases.
I guess this what happens when themes run dry. I used to follow this Facebook page about a girl travelling around the US in a van. It was fascinating when she started off travelling and explained the reality , where she parked, how she worked, and all the details like showering, eating and getting power….stuff us bricks and mortar folk take for granted. Very interesting. Once this ran out it morphed into crap TikTok nonsense.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I guess this what happens when themes run dry. I used to follow this Facebook page about a girl travelling around the US in a van. It was fascinating when she started off travelling and explained the reality , where she parked, how she worked, and all the details like showering, eating and getting power….stuff us bricks and mortar folk take for granted. Very interesting. Once this ran out it morphed into crap TikTok nonsense.

I missed out :mad:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The second series of Jon Ronson's 'Things Fell Apart' is up on BBC sounds.

I feel a binge listen coming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here