Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What music are you listening to recently?

Apr 29, 2012
CS + Kreme 'Orange' amazing leftfield electronica, Eddie Chacon 'Sundown' the second coming of the Charles & Eddie man, Michael J Blood & Sockethead 'Eating Late' wonky house music from the North of England, Unknown Mortal Orchestra 'V' my type of guitar band music and James Holden 'Imagine this is a high dimensional space of all possibilities' another superb electronic album......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My most played artists on Spotify were Underworld, Smith and Mighty and Ezra Collective. Idles and Fontaines DC when I'm in a rock mood.

This is one of my favourite tracks of this year.

Every now and then I dive back to previous obsessions, in chronological order Joy Division / New Order, The Smiths and The The, Mondays, Roses, Inspirals and Flowered Up. After that years of clubbing to house and Detroit techno. Jams Supernova's guest played this the other week. An OLD SCHOOL track. I still think of it as coming out yesterday :lol: (The Bells by Jeff Mills as the video hasn't loaded properly)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now that is eclectic!
If you think that's eclectic, no wonder you hate my music :wink:

For the record, I have Doors and Traffic albums and have seen Brinsley Schwartz live. :ohmy:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good for you!

(But you do like some weird sh*t) ;) ;)
See what you think of today's offering. And Also the Trees. Live. They started in 83. I've seen them several times. This live album has just been remastered but the youtube version is, I think, the old version. Cracking track though :thumbsup:

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
My DJ mate gave me a Sisters of Mercy compilation CD about 12 years ago, discovered it in a box a couple of months ago and play it in the car every time i'm in it. Never realised they were so good. Also Nu Breed and Jesse Howard sort of redneck rap/country. Not forgetting Outlaw Nation.

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
See what you think of today's offering. And Also the Trees. Live. They started in 83. I've seen them several times. This live album has just been remastered but the youtube version is, I think, the old version. Cracking track though :thumbsup:

They were ok but very repetitive and his voice isn´t very good.

Better than a lot of your offerings though :)

Saw this in Manchester in June.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They were ok but very repetitive and his voice isn´t very good.

Better than a lot of your offerings though :)

Saw this in Manchester in June.

I like Gabriel. I saw him with Genesis, twice, at the Dome. I don't disown my 'old' music.

I accept that Simon's voice is a little idiosyncratic. Not for everyone. These days the voice is deeper (he's got to be 60 now). The stuff I linked is at least 20 years old.

Incidentally I did some external examining on Gozo a few years ago. Stayed at the posh hotel there. This was a madcap scheme by Queen Mary College London to set up a medical school there. I doubt it's still running. Wouldn't knock the weather there, though :thumbsup:

I'll try to find something you may like, and will namecheck you to the post when I do. Could be some while, though :wink:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I like Gabriel. I saw him with Genesis, twice, at the Dome. I don't disown my 'old' music.

I accept that Simon's voice is a little idiosyncratic. Not for everyone. These days the voice is deeper (he's got to be 60 now). The stuff I linked is at least 20 years old.

Incidentally I did some external examining on Gozo a few years ago. Stayed at the posh hotel there. This was a madcap scheme by Queen Mary College London to set up a medical school there. I doubt it's still running. Wouldn't knock the weather there, though :thumbsup:

I'll try to find something you may like, and will namecheck you to the post when I do. Could be some while, though :wink:
Still going apparently. https://www.qmul.ac.uk/malta/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here