Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What minor things annoy you

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Drivers who don't signal their thanks/acknowledgement to you for clearly giving way to them, when you didn't have to.

Witnessing customers/clients showing no manners or courtesy to, for example, retail or service sector staff ... with the stark omission of words such as "please" and "thank you".

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Women and their shit.
People who say "I'm nauseous" ****ing knobheads don't realise that they are saying that they make OTHER people feel sick. I imagine they mean nauseated...maybe they were right the first time.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Written:

"Your" in place of "you'll." Your have to give me a call later to discuss it.

+

"His" in place of "he's." His going to give me a call later to discuss it.

+

"We're in place of "we'll.".................................................

Pronouncing "Ireland" as island. Sports presenters mainly.

+

Shed loads of other trivial stuff I shouldn't give a monkey's about that I really really really let boil my pi55. It's my age.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Written:

"Your" in place of "you'll." Your have to give me a call later to discuss it.

+

"His" in place of "he's." His going to give me a call later to discuss it.

+

"We're in place of "we'll.".................................................

Pronouncing "Ireland" as island. Sports presenters mainly.

+

Shed loads of other trivial stuff I shouldn't give a monkey's about that I really really really let boil my pi55. It's my age.

People that say "Pacific" when meaning "specific". Also people that use "could of" instead of "could've".

Anyone that uses the word amazeballs.

Last edited:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Noisy eaters. My idea of hell would be to be in a restaurant full of slupers, crunchers & worst of all those who don't chew with their mouth shut.
Every girlfriend i've ever hads parents have been unbearable. My lasts parents were christened 'slurper' & 'the goat' cos of their eating habits.

My currents well they might as well eat out of a troth i dread having food around there cos of the noise i fear one day i will snap & tear my ears of or something to try & make the noise stop.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I can't bear hearing anyone eat. Even if they're doing it politely.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
People who say 'Can I get?' rather than 'could I have?' Most regularly used when ordering a cappafrappalattechino. In fact, most people who got to starbucks and somehow think it's cool to order silly 'cool' coffee. Actually, anyone that tries to hard to be 'cool', unfortunately, Brighton is well endowed with this particular species. W*****s

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Anyone who describes a life event as "a journey". The only exception is if it's used to describe the actual act of travelling between two different physical locations, metaphorical journeys are a no no.

Oh and any football pundit who uses "very much so" instead of just saying "yes".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here