Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Makes YOU Glad To Be Alive And Living In Brighton?

Window Licker

May 17, 2012
I quite like Brighton. Lived here all my life. I would like to move elsewhere now though as I think it's getting bad(I'm sure alot of places are though) I think I generally just feel very negative about the whole of the UK at the moment though.i don't know, I guess I've never REALLY thought about it!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The thing I love is that it still has & Hove tagged on the end of it. I consider myself from Hove and that it is separate albeit linked to the scummy street drinker and smack head infested thieving metropolis of Brighton. I'm not remotely interested in its music scene or night life or poncy friggin festivals for ex-pat Londoners and tourists and I avoid going into the city centre at all costs. I'm proud of the H in BHA.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Or should that be ' Alive and kicking in Brighton' - a pretty fabulous place to be !

Brighton is a pretty nice/good/exciting place in which to live (sorry if you cannot specify anything better. Brighton is beautiful !

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think as you get older your tolerance levels towards "odd" lowers, as mine has. I found myself looking at people more and more often down there and shaking my head......
Oh and as a Brightonian it's not all that is it?

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Happy to have been raised in Shoreham-by-sea...
but eventually left.
Have since lived abroad, Lake District, and Lewes.
Prefer elsewhere now, to Brighton. There are no places in the City I wish to dwell in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The thing about Brighton I miss the most is the sea. Also, for a long time it was the place where I seemed most likely to pull a preposterously out-of-my-league girl, but that changed once I moved to Prague. Got a bloody long way to the sea now though!

Has [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] hacked this account?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Has [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] hacked this account?

Nope, there's more than one seagull in this landlocked country! I've been doing quite a good job of converting the natives, one of my Czech friends has recently ditched his Rosicky-inspired support of Arsenal to make Brighton his "English team".

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I love Brighton because it's where I'm from, where my family and friends are, it has the sea and it has The Amex, which will be my favourite place in the world until the day I die. Luckily, where I live I consider to be full of decent, pleasant people. However, I try to avoid central Brighton as it's just full of weirdos. I don't want to deny anyone the right to be gay, take drugs or have a f***ing stupid haircut, but people like that shouldn't mix with people like me. I am concerned that these nutcases will spread further into nice areas outside the city centre in the years to come, which is why I see my long-term future in somewhere like suburban Hove or Shoreham.

Genuinely speechless at that!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Nope, there's more than one seagull in this landlocked country! I've been doing quite a good job of converting the natives, one of my Czech friends has recently ditched his Rosicky-inspired support of Arsenal to make Brighton his "English team".

My whole office has been following the fortunes of BHA since Poyet joined as manager.... :)

ps...they all believe CMS 2nd goal against Burnley was better than Rooneys

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love Brighton because it's where I'm from, where my family and friends are, it has the sea and it has The Amex, which will be my favourite place in the world until the day I die. Luckily, where I live I consider to be full of decent, pleasant people. However, I try to avoid central Brighton as it's just full of weirdos. I don't want to deny anyone the right to be gay, take drugs or have a f***ing stupid haircut, but people like that shouldn't mix with people like me. I am concerned that these nutcases will spread further into nice areas outside the city centre in the years to come, which is why I see my long-term future in somewhere like suburban Hove or Shoreham.

There is no need to worry as I have a sneaking suspicion that 'people like that' will not want to mix with you either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If you think the people in central Brighton are weird you're in for a shock my friend.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I love the city, the nightlife (not that I'm out more than 1 every month or so), the venues and festivals, the gay community also adds a great colour and viberance to the city, I love the art work such as the graffiti paid for in some of the north laine areas, the sea and the parks the people are generally real fun but nice to be around and generally decent. I love that when chatting to a french guy in India last week when he asked where I was from and I said Brighton he went on about what a great city with a fantastic festival it has etc, had the same in Thailand year before too.

It's not perfect but for the UK it is fantastic for a city of its size.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here