Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Makes YOU Glad To Be Alive And Living In Brighton?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
There are too many people in Brighton, it's fast becoming like London, impersonal and self-important. It's still not as bad as the up themselves wankers that live in Lewes, but fast heading that way.

It's bad enough that I have to come to Brighton to work - the only good thing left is the football club, and thankfully that's right on the border.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Born here and absolutely love it. Have lived in various other places and they are so boring. Glad I moved back and of course having the Albion so close is a massive bonus.

D

Deleted User X18H

Nothing at all. It is a shithole which I am glad I moved away from 40 years ago. I only ever go there for football.

Don't live there. Working there's bad enough!

Don't live In Brighton and thank goodness for that too.

There is also an insane amount of a-grade tw@ts, yar.
So far up themselves they almost turn themselves inside out.

There are too many people in Brighton, it's fast becoming like London, impersonal and self-important. It's still not as bad as the up themselves wankers that live in Lewes, but fast heading that way.

It's bad enough that I have to come to Brighton to work - the only good thing left is the football club, and thankfully that's right on the border.

What a load of old shit!

Last edited:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I live just outside the town but I love Brighton, I am excited when I am there, it's a wonderful place that people travel from around the world to visit and to live in. If you think the place it shit you just don't get the place. The Amex was the icing on the cake.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I love Brighton for its football, live music venues and entertainment in general. It never bores me and many friends/family say they wish they lived here too. I was born in The London Borough Of Sutton and I know what its like to live in a place without character, where the population are culturally uneducated.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Love Brighton, born & bred, but hate driving in it.
Absolute nightmare, hate the council for ruining it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Have just walked through Croydon town centre for the first time ever so I've just witnessed quite a few sights that make me glad to be alive and living in Brighton.

Here's one I love...

Walking through the North Laine and shopping in Borderline, Jump the Gun and Wax Factor, followed by lunch in the Dorset Street. Then a gander through the Lanes on my way to the antiquated book shop. Pick up a paper and stop in the Basketmakers for a pint, then wander back home via the Rose Garden at Preston Park. Off out again up to the Open House for a light bite before making my way down to the Duke of Yorks to see a film. A nice easy day.

Brighton is a busy old town. Has its bad bits, but it's way way better than many many other places.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
What a load of old shit!

A load of shit?. Do you have any Idea what I went through In f***ing Brighton for f*** sake. I had my f***ing life ruined by Brighton and hove council and that bitch Caroline Lucas.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
The thought that i could be living in croydon....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a load of old shit!
Perhaps massive generalisations and tarring everyone one with the same brush is uncalled for.

But if you believe there isn't a substantial set of people:-
too cool for skool, trendy, bohemian, right on, self absorbed, lovey, darling types, over inflating themselves and the city.
Then that probably speaks volumes.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
music in abundance, whatever your into it will be on at a brighton venue somewhere :thumbsup:

Absolutely. According to resident listings there are 16 live music events coming up over the next week in venues as varied as the dome, palmeria and green door store. The following weeks are just as busy. For serious music fans Brighton is the very best.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
The thing about Brighton I miss the most is the sea. Also, for a long time it was the place where I seemed most likely to pull a preposterously out-of-my-league girl, but that changed once I moved to Prague. Got a bloody long way to the sea now though!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I absolutely love living in Brighton. Moved here from Hastings 6 or so years ago for Uni and have never looked back. Had to briefly move back to Hastings after Uni and it drove me f***ing insane. Not lived a lot of other places, but visited a decent number and haven't found anywhere I enjoy as much as Brighton. Despite the gun crime the only place I've ever found that comes close is Nottingham.

I don't drive exactly because I live in Brighton so the driving issues really don't bother me, except when I have to give someone in a car directions. Given I'm used to walking and bus routes, trying to navigate anyone confuses me endlessly.

I live on a lovely quiet street fifteen minutes from a vibrant town center on a bus, there's greenery everywhere but all the things you'd expect of a city, I work on the University campus which is absolutely lovely and I've made some wonderful friends whilst living here. In my personal experience there's very little I dislike, and I've only ever had two issues. One where I was heckled by gay guys on North Street for some reason, they were fairly aggressive because I wouldn't give them any money. The other was when my friend cracked my head open, but that has nothing to do with the city really, just a stupid accident.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Perhaps massive generalisations and tarring everyone one with the same brush is uncalled for.

But if you believe there isn't a substantial set of people:-
too cool for skool, trendy, bohemian, right on, self absorbed, lovey, darling types, over inflating themselves and the city.
Then that probably speaks volumes.

This. Born & bred in Brighton, and it was not like this growing up. It's what it has become that I now hate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here