What MAGAZINES do you subscribe to?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Focus and Mac World

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I often wander through the likes of WH Smith and look at all the hundreds and hundreds of magazine titles they have. I then think to myself surely there must be one magazine amongst this crap that I'd enjoy reading. But, other than Private Eye, Uncut, or WSC, nothing else appeals. I look forward to the day that someone comes up with another magazine I'd really like to read. Something with Danny Baker writing about football, A Christopher Hitchen's type doing the politics, Sarah Silverman and Larry David interviews, something about decent British music, a smuttering of satire, a piece on classic British comedies of the 60s/70s, the history of the Vespa scooter, Will Storr writing about something interesting, etc. etc. And no adverts for expensive cars, watches or houses that I'd never be able to afford. Is that really too much to ask?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Anglers Mail for my fishing fix, and Practical Classics to motivate me into finishing my project locked in my garage. most months I pick up a copy of Classic Rock or Guitarist magazine depending on who is featured in them.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Private Eye
Which
Digital Camera
Motorcaravan Motorhome Monthly (MMM)
Songlines (World Music)

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
WSC since it's early days and took the offer years ago of 4 x £4.25 a year subscription,feel a bit bad about that now as well worth a read.

Jul 7, 2003
Classic Rock is the only one I subscribe to.

Used to get WSC but got bored with the anti-MK diatribe every issue, even once AFC had got back into the league. Also used to get FourFourTwo but it became too focussed on Spanish football.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I remember buying the first 2000AD...didn't it have some free stickers of robot workings designed vibible through a skin laceration to fool your parents that you were really some sort of terminator when you stuck them on your arm

Issue 1 has a "Space Flyer" frisbie-like thing
Issue 2 has "Mach-1" (a six-million-dollar-man look-alike) stickers for your arm - as you've suggested

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I used to suscribe to 'Edge' but that disappeared up it's own arse

Didn't it just! I still pick it up every now and again but it's just so painfully stale.

I get that they're going for the 'grown-up' approach, which is fair enough, just a shame that 'grown-up' apparently meant 'dull' in this instance.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Crafty Carper - Carp fishing mag that is basically an advert for the main bait and tackle retailers to get a free article in but sometimes they are interesting

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I subscribe to something called Stack - stackmagazine.com - and for £6 a month I think (it's just a Direct Debit) they send me a different magazine to my door each month.

They feature the best independent publishers, but the subjects vary. One month it's a magazine about surfing, the next about film, the next about travel.

I highly recommend it. It's nice to see different approaches to publishing and I learn about all sorts of things; cooking, gardening, erotica.

That is a fantastic idea. Going to have a look into that now.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
I subscribe to something called Stack - stackmagazine.com - and for £6 a month I think (it's just a Direct Debit) they send me a different magazine to my door each month.

They feature the best independent publishers, but the subjects vary. One month it's a magazine about surfing, the next about film, the next about travel.

I highly recommend it. It's nice to see different approaches to publishing and I learn about all sorts of things; cooking, gardening, erotica.

When Saturday Comes is, in my opinion, a truly fantastic football magazine.

I also get the digital versions of The Blizzard. That, and WSC, cover my football needs.

I buy a mens monthly called Port each month which, I find, is the right balance of features, miscellany, culture and photography/illustration. They feature quite a lot of design and architecture too which I like. It's a high quality magazine.

The Smith Journal from Australia is really interesting.

I subscribe to a film magazine called Little White Lies which, even if you're not massively into film, is a joy to read and flick through.

Monocle is very good value too, it's so big though and preaches a ludicrous aspiration, but it's still very good.

Don't forget New Statesman and Private Eye. They always inform and entertain me.

I adore magazines. I miss TSLR very much :down:

RIP TSLR. Need an albion fanzine. Lot's of Brighton bloggers tho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here