Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Kind Of stupid ****s Sign Akpom On Loan Then Leave Him On The Bench?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Cheers for the JCL lecture, enjoy your Half Season Ticket :thumbsup:

Another example of multiple post arrogance.
How do you know LVgull has a half season ticket?
Just because he has 313 post to your 40K doesn't make your op any less something a lot of people may not agree with.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Calm down Mr Hark. We got a valuable point at Brentford, where Akpom didn't really show that he would be any better starting the game. If he'd come off the bench and scored two superb goals, then I might agree that he would be worth starting the game, but he didn't.
He has pace so what better to bring him on when the Brentford defence were tiring?

I'm sure you'd be happy to scan your UEFA coaching certificates so we can see your credentials. In the meantime, Chris Hughton is well in credit with the fans.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murray is no dunce - but is looking tired and his form has dipped.

Hemed is scoring goals and Akpom is hungry. March has the ability to change a game.

I would start the 11 that finished today's game on Saturday.

Skalak & Norwood are really not delivering much ATM

Good post. However, Whilst Skalak hasn't been great, I didn't think he was that bad today.

And, if fit, Dale and Lewis should start. Sam on the bench

I think Hughton's selections were questionable today. It felt too defensive and the players seemed content to just let Brentford dominate possession and tempo of the game - and for a while we made these mid table journeymen look like Barca

Murphy looks low on confidence and tho he did well to create his second chance the miss seemed as inevitable as the first glaring one. Less said about Skalak the better.

Both March and Akpom would have given Brentford much more to think about and stopped Brentford overrunning so much early on. Fantastic spirit to grab a draw out of what was a very messy performance

Calm down Mr Hark. We got a valuable point at Brentford, where Akpom didn't really show that he would be any better starting the game. If he'd come off the bench and scored two superb goals, then I might agree that he would be worth starting the game, but he didn't.
He has pace so what better to bring him on when the Brentford defence were tiring?

I'm sure you'd be happy to scan your UEFA coaching certificates so we can see your credentials. In the meantime, Chris Hughton is well in credit with the fans.
Oh for gods sake managers don't have papal infallibility. They make close judgment calls all the time.

If there's a type of post on this forum that gets my goat it's one like this

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
You're quite right. Takes a master tactician to leave a lean mean goal-hungry striker with something to prove to his Premier League paymasters on the bench :rolleyes:

Far better stick with the proven dunces.

Are you ENREST in disguise?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Goal hungry striker - are we talking about the same Akpom who has scored 3 league goals in 58 senior games?

Must be starving by now,perhaps he will come here and be transformed.....hopes

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
He was on the coach with the team, in his club gear. I'm taking that as a CLUE to his fitness.

I was on the train with my club gear but I have slight thigh strain so Hughton says no yet old kiddy!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CH said Baldock was close to be starting today, so should be in the squad next game.
Or he's having a leg amputated tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here