Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What I've learned from tonight's game.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Perhaps not but at least his plan A actually worked occasionally.

Oh aye, I can't deny that - I just don't think it can be used as a rod to beat Sami when both Oscar and Gus were guilty of it too.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Surely the fact that he gets picked and plays well for the U21s shows he is a good player. Maybe we are not playing him in his best position.

Agree ....and because he doesnt go for the lime light or do pirouettes on the pitch or do mazy runs and then lose the ball ,he doesnt care or is sh*te ,he gets on with his job in an unfashionable manner but gets it done and certainly doesnt deserve this anger and critisism,and perhaps maybe he is slightly frustrated with the tactics and who could blame him .

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
1. The away fans are brilliant.
Yes it's such a shame they tolerate the moaners. I've known so called fans having a go at Mellor, Poskett and Bremner. Obviously I can't tell you what I did to them. We need to make the Amex a zero tolerance fortress. Obviously women, children and away supporters should be safe and allowed to say what they like. If that means some men become too afraid to go because they might get a telling off. So be it. We've had enough of them, Right?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
So because someone is 21 they're immune from criticism? That is not particularly young, and an England international isn't necessarily a mark of talent either.

I take it you

i)Don't have 20 something kids
ii)Have never had need to mentor late teenagers/early 20s kids.

I am amazed how anyone can criticise the team tonight. Playing one of the top 10 teams in England, we only lost 2-0.

Let's get behind them and get point(s) on Saturday.

POSITIVITY PLEASE ? FFS!

TNBA

TTF

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I feel for JFC to some extent, look at the talent and experience (or lack of) on the pitch alongside him. No Crofts, no Stephens. Ince is still a bit raw and learning his way, so will make mistakes. The expectations on the youngsters is very high. They are both our players and deserve a bit more support from us as they progress. I'd rather save any criticism of our midfield for Gardner.

For a prospective Premier League player sent out on loan to get games and show potential Gardner hasn't done anything of note during his period with us. I cannot imagine that he has enhanced his reputation back at Villa.

Good post. I was not convinced about Gardner until i saw his complete lack of movement, zero involvement at Watford away....since then nothing has changed.
I feared the worst when he came on tonight.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I take it you

i)Don't have 20 something kids
ii)Have never had need to mentor late teenagers/early 20s kids.

I am amazed how anyone can criticise the team tonight. Playing one of the top 10 teams in England, we only lost 2-0.

Let's get behind them and get point(s) on Saturday.

POSITIVITY PLEASE ? FFS!

TNBA

TTF
[emoji112] [emoji31] [emoji382] 0 points on Saturday

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just how it has always been.

My first memory of The Brighton Boo Boys is when they decided Kevin Bremner wasn't fit to wear the stripes.
Someone will even pop up, in a minute, to say how right they were in booing him.

I'd hate to play for Brighton.

Knowing full well, at some point a section of the crowd could turn on you.
Not only that, but once they had turned no amount of hattricks v palace will bring them back.

In some Albion fans eyes once you're shitehouse you're always shitehouse.

Then should the player leave, get supported, find their form, and start scoring (or whatever) they'll incredulously say:-

'well he couldn't do that for us'.

If only there was some reason for that?
Stop making excuses for them! You weren't even there!
[emoji468] [emoji598] [emoji590] [emoji597] [emoji594] [emoji592] [emoji604]

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Just how it has always been.

My first memory of The Brighton Boo Boys is when they decided Kevin Bremner wasn't fit to wear the stripes.
Someone will even pop up, in a minute, to say how right they were in booing him.

I'd hate to play for Brighton.

Knowing full well, at some point a section of the crowd could turn on you.
Not only that, but once they had turned no amount of hattricks v palace will bring them back.

In some Albion fans eyes once you're shitehouse you're always shitehouse.

Then should the player leave, get supported, find their form, and start scoring (or whatever) they'll incredulously say:-

'well he couldn't do that for us'.

If only there was some reason for that?

Kevin Bremner was booed because he couldn't stay on his feet. He should of worn ice skates!

Scored a few good header though at knee height

Aug 4, 2011
I sat in Tottenham end today as unfortunately left it to late to get in away end. Brighton fans sounding awesome tonight gutted was not there singing with you lot! There was the odd time I had to hold a few screams in... From my view chicksen was appalling every time got the ball either passed to wrong player or kicked it out of play and no control. Overal poor performance tonight. Didn't look like we was there to fight or play. Only thing I can really say is lewis dunk kept us out of any more trouble. What a performance he put in tonight. Exceptional for us. Walton good job too, wouldn't be worried if he plays in league. CMS when came on looked decent. Shame lua lua didn't take the first free kick

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I sat in Tottenham end today as unfortunately left it to late to get in away end. Brighton fans sounding awesome tonight gutted was not there singing with you lot! There was the odd time I had to hold a few screams in... From my view chicksen was appalling every time got the ball either passed to wrong player or kicked it out of play and no control. Overal poor performance tonight. Didn't look like we was there to fight or play. Only thing I can really say is lewis dunk kept us out of any more trouble. What a performance he put in tonight. Exceptional for us. Walton good job too, wouldn't be worried if he plays in league. CMS when came on looked decent. Shame lua lua didn't take the first free kick
Agree dunk is top quality

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
What I've learnt is momentum is everything and we have none and i can't see where its going to come from currently.

Last edited:

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
What I learnt was that even a top class team like Spurs played with 2 wingers and 2 big lads up front. Not rocket science.
On the topic of JFC, he, Holla and Gardner are almost clones of each other and display very little creativity. JFC has the most creativity of that 3. None of them is either a creative passer or a box-to-box player.
I also learnt that a goalkick to us resulted in immediate possession for Spurs, as they blocked our short goalkick and made Walton lump it to the towering Colunga.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here